[tune] Protoplasym - Overdue

you definatley hear the breaks influence in the your production. the drums are a little bit electro sounding, not much dnb goes for that sort of sound. it would have sounded better with more natural/real sounding drums, if you get what i mean. but i like the essence of the bassline. it kind of sounds like a cross between the jump up sound and a more techier sound. don't know if it was just me or the if the file is corrupted but it stopped half way thru, saying my media player can't support that type of file, which is wierd seeing as i got to the breakdown before it happened.

contagious creeps along nicely, always developing, but i thought the bass didn't come in heavy enough, until a bit later on. lots going on, but it never got over crowded, which is quite a skill on it's own. wasn't keen on the monk style chanting, i felt that was a little bit out of place.

http://nuskoolbreaks.us/current/

This is my first DnB tune ever, "Contagious" is my 2nd. I've been producing for 10 years, mostly Breakbeat.

Any feedback is welcome... especially how the tune sounds on whatever you play it on.

Thanks for your time,

P

so is this thread for contagious or overdue mate?!?!

i like the intro to overdue its a good sound.

tunes are a little bit slow to have that proper dnb sound u know but its got good bass ideas to work with that bassline wud be pretty gd if u speed the whole fing up

you definatley hear the breaks influence in the your production. the drums are a little bit electro sounding, not much dnb goes for that sort of sound. it would have sounded better with more natural/real sounding drums, if you get what i mean. but i like the essence of the bassline. it kind of sounds like a cross between the jump up sound and a more techier sound. don't know if it was just me or the if the file is corrupted but it stopped half way thru, saying my media player can't support that type of file, which is wierd seeing as i got to the breakdown before it happened.

contagious creeps along nicely, always developing, but i thought the bass didn't come in heavy enough, until a bit later on. lots going on, but it never got over crowded, which is quite a skill on it's own. wasn't keen on the monk style chanting, i felt that was a little bit out of place.

No idea..?.. it's a basic 320 mp3, and has worked fine for my friends and my machines. Perhaps it corrupted while you dled it? Or maybe you were streaming it and your Browser farted?

I really appreciate the feedback. Lol... yeah, whenever I open that Gregorian Chant folder... it's hard not to make something fit, and since those two samples are in perfect key, I felt compelled to use them in "Contagious".

It seems that 160 is "too slow" for most DnB heads and I can understand that. I have 3 crates of DnB and Jungle and I'm always turning the pitch down to -7/etc because they're too fast imo. To each his own though, ha.

thks for the feedback guys... some nasty stuff is coming next, gonna get away from this simple techy sound for a while

so is this thread for contagious or overdue mate?!?!

i like the intro to overdue its a good sound.

tunes are a little bit slow to have that proper dnb sound u know but its got good bass ideas to work with that bassline wud be pretty gd if u speed the whole fing up

Lol.. easy there tiger, this thread is for "Overdue". :D

It's a Pad from BTs' collection... I made a patch with it in Absynth 3 years ago and have been waiting to use it since.

thks for checkin the trks out:)

Yeah, I quite like the way you construct a track. Nice work there.
Take it or leave it, I just felt over-all there was a little too much high end, just that annoying (stabbing) high end that stops you turning your phones up any louder. Maybe I'm just tired. Or maybe my phones are shit.

haha sorry mate had radio jus after u left feed on my track, so bin quite busy. i dont wna leave feedback yet, until i hear ur tracks on my system cz i wud jus be listenin thru the shittest headphones ever so ile leave feedback for u 2moro m8. thanx for checkin my track!

overdue has a very techy feel to it.

the flanger sounds nice on the intro snare.

i like the slow build towards the meat of the snare (expected more punch though).

personally not a big fan of synth only drum work, but the production is crisp to me. very interesting production technique needs some work, but it definitely sounds different. im not a fan of alot of high frequency either. maybe modulate the high end on the bass a bit.

nice controlled sound throughout though mate

good job

ez m8 jus bin tryin to have a listen but my laptop keeps tryin to open audio in wordpad. ile keep tryin n feedback wen iv listened

Locked.....

Intro sounds are kool, sounds very spacey. Liking it thus far

snare is phasing badly when it comes in or is that the effect you wanted? even if it was what ou wanted id drop it

Drums defo need some more weight behind them (this is still intro btw)

not keen on the organ type synth

vocal is used a bit much imo

Sub needs to come up in the drop

uve got the general idea there man, mixdown defo needs some work

good effort tho if its your first tune man :)

Yeah, I quite like the way you construct a track. Nice work there.
Take it or leave it, I just felt over-all there was a little too much high end, just that annoying (stabbing) high end that stops you turning your phones up any louder. Maybe I'm just tired. Or maybe my phones are shit.

Cool beans... your phones are shit :clown: j/k

The gated organ lead... I know which one you're talking about.
Yeah, it looks like you and one other weren't too keen on that sound.

I appreciate the listen.

overdue has a very techy feel to it.

the flanger sounds nice on the intro snare.

i like the slow build towards the meat of the snare (expected more punch though).

personally not a big fan of synth only drum work, but the production is crisp to me. very interesting production technique needs some work, but it definitely sounds different. im not a fan of alot of high frequency either. maybe modulate the high end on the bass a bit.

nice controlled sound throughout though mate

good job

Can't thank you enough for the opinion on the 'synth only drum work' - very interesting comments from you.

In all honesty, I've gotten 'way' too lazy when it comes to making drums... I've been using uTonic for the last couple years and nothing else.. haven't booted Guru up in a long time and haven't done anything by hand with realworld sounds in a while. I definitely need to get off my ass and get away from this tinny, 100% Electro sound... I'm 'ok' when it comes to it, and your comments reassured my opinion of my own prod in regard to this, so I can't thank you enough for your time!

Locked.....

Intro sounds are kool, sounds very spacey. Liking it thus far

snare is phasing badly when it comes in or is that the effect you wanted? even if it was what ou wanted id drop it

Drums defo need some more weight behind them (this is still intro btw)

not keen on the organ type synth

vocal is used a bit much imo

Sub needs to come up in the drop

uve got the general idea there man, mixdown defo needs some work

good effort tho if its your first tune man :)

You mean the intro SD layer? Yeah, it's intentionally phased.... that's what I was aiming for. :D

I disagree about the Sub needing to come up, both of those patches have hit very well on all systems I've tested this on.

Although ^, I wouldn't mind hearing this track on whatever speakers you're listening to.

It was my first DnB tune yes. Do me a favor and check out the other one I posted ("Contagious")and let me know how it's sounding on your setup. thks in advance

Thanks to those who took the time to share their thoughts!!

Back
Top Bottom