[tune] Protoplasym - Contagious

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Protoplasym, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Protoplasym

Protoplasym Nuskool

http://nuskoolbreaks.us/current/

160 bpm, simple and techy... would love some feedback (good/bad) it's all welcome. I'm especially interested in how the production sounds on whatever you play this on.

If you're into it, please feel free to play it out/use on a mix, etc.

Thanks a lot and I look forward to checking out all the tunes on this forum!

P

2. Lucidproduction

Lucidproduction i aint fraid of no ghosts

cool tech sound

but just speed it up a bit and dont use such a weak snare and itll sound alot better imo.

3. Protoplasym

Protoplasym Nuskool

Anything above 160 and it doesn't feel like the sounds have room to breathe and do their thing... imo anyway. I can appreciate other peoples production at faster speeds, but I can't make myself do anything faster than 160, lol.

Sorry to hear the SD isn't punching enough for you.

thks for checkin it out!:)

4. Lucidproduction

Lucidproduction i aint fraid of no ghosts

nah man its a really good sound i like it

5. Protoplasym

Protoplasym Nuskool

Anyone else likin this? Not liking it?

A good friend of mine who pretty much only appreciates 'hard and nasty' DnB says this and the other track, "Overdue" sound "happy" to him. I'd prefer to call them spacey and semi deep... anyone else agree with my friend? Are these two simply... lol... happy sounding?

6. Crocodile

Crocodile Member

Totally can hear the breaks influence on this. I'm liking the ideas, but I do think the sounds for the tune can occasionally sound a bit cliche...if you know what I mean? This is my opinion anyway. As in a bit too kinda 'electronic'. The ideas for the tune are good though, just think you need to work on the individual sounds a bit more, aswell as the drums can tend to sound a bit flat. Keep it up mate!

7. Protoplasym

Protoplasym Nuskool

Feedback much appreciated.... yeah, I wouldn't say I covered any new ground in the sound department, lol. These 2 trks are definitely about as normal electro sounding as can be.

thks for taking the time!

8. Protoplasym

Protoplasym Nuskool