DnB Tune of the day

• Thread starter Deleted member 23164
  • Start date

William Stutter

VIP Junglist
I love Amit's 2-Step tunes!
This, 9 Times and Village Folk are all 🔥🔥🔥

i'm aware that "village folk" and "9 times" have the same drum beat, but what's the exact definition of 2-step in this case ? i've always classified them as rollers, but i can be a simple man. :D
at any rate, when listening to both albums, these are the ones bringing some fresh breath between all the halftime tunes.

Dischdl

VIP Junglist
i'm aware that "village folk" and "9 times" have the same drum beat, but what's the exact definition of 2-step in this case ? i've always classified them as rollers, but i can be a simple man. :D
at any rate, when listening to both albums, these are the ones bringing some fresh breath between all the halftime tunes.
I'm talking of a 2-step beat/drumloop when I think of that typical d&b pattern. Kick on 1, snare on 2, kick on 3 1/2, snare on 4.
But I don't think that's an official term for that.
However, there's also a genre called 2 step (garage). It has that pattern but is, of course, way slower.

William Stutter

VIP Junglist
But I don't think that's an official term for that.

well, wikipedia says: "auch das typische schlagzeugpattern im drum and bass wird als two step bezeichnet."

However, there's also a genre called 2 step (garage). It has that pattern but is, of course, way slower.

yep i know, but wasn't aware that the genre was named after its basic beat. what i like about 2-step garage is that the hi hats are very present. i just love linear hi hats. and in general, the swing is cool, but when it comes to all the rest (especially the vocals), it's just to housey for my liking. :confused: still i can see why it worked in clubs so well.

tune of the night 🔥

Dischdl

VIP Junglist
well, wikipedia says: "auch das typische schlagzeugpattern im drum and bass wird als two step bezeichnet."
Ok, then it's "official" ;)
but when it comes to all the rest (especially the vocals), it's just to housey for my liking. :confused:
I do like a lot of house, but those cheesy r&b vocals are not my cup of tea either.

Top Bottom