[TUNE] Noistek- Not Human (Techstep)

noistek

NotHuman.jpg

Writing while listening. Starting sounds really nice. ;) Eagerly waiting how it's developing, nice tension going on. ;o It's not at all what I expected. Oh now the bass kicked in. I don't personally dig the kick. It has too long tail. And that "melody" techno kick sounding sliding synth thing starts to get too repetitive after a while. Overall I liked the synths, bass is nice too, maybe don't make that particular synth stay for the whole tune. But I may be wrong. Maybe someone likes it, or doesn't pay attention to it as much as me.

Wierd! In a good way though !

I will be honest I don't really know what makes a good techstep tune :lol: This one is sounding very robotic though, Snare and Bass in particular gives it that sound in my opinion. That real robotic, tech sound is a good sign I imagine. Heavy. Pretty cool :)

At first i thought its not gonna be my cup of tea, but after 2:34 i was like "Huuuuge !" :D

The kick, needs to be twice as hard as that, lower the rest of the track if you're out of headroom, get it cutting through the mix. Same with the bass, hard sidechain that shit. Maybe sidechain the FX as well as the synths, get it breathing properly.

I like it though, nice and different. Get that percussion sorted and it won't sound so flat.

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 ----------

Really like some of those attacking synths btw...

Lot's of layers, cool synth work. Like that.
Not sure if it's more volume the kick needs, maybe just some added grit if anything.
Kind of wanting to say tighten up the kick and snare with a bit of gate, but that's an artistic change rather than sounding 'wrong'. It is very wall of sound all the way through, might be cool to have a tighter section where you lose some of the tails and sustain but again, I'm just re writing the tune in my head lol.

Cool stuff.

Im usually not into this kinda stuff, but i gotta say, that shit is nasty nathan! good job, but i do think that the mix sounds a little muddy at times and the drums sound kinda lost in the mix at times but it kinda gives it a uniqueish grimey feel. Good job!

Thanks Subprime and Nick1727 (who's Nathan? lol)...I touched up the tune and a fresher version is up now if you care to take a 2nd listen. If any of you that commented wishes to have the tune, mssg. me on soundcloud and I'll gladly make it downloadable for you.

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:
I like the track. Still needs to be move balanced in favour of the percussion though. Had a quick listen to Neominds track on this thread and he's got that just right, have a listen to "Hard to Choose" and you'll see what I mean. The percussion shouldn't be sitting underneath the synths, it should breath WITH them. It might be as simple as lowering the volume of your synths (as opposed to raising the percussion).

Also try cutting the synths in the mid range somewhere (narrow) to allow the snare to come through, you need to hear that shit properly, and run the synths through a gentle sidechain.

Back
Top Bottom