(TUNE) Modules

Hello mate, Nice to see a name I know on here :)

Tunes big, Particularly the synth work, DIRTY DIRTY noise. Very nice.

I can tell you have fatted up the drums since I last heard it but personally I still feel they are letting the track down (IMO) also the little 'Yay' vocal that is attached to the break you have used (Or have added to your beat) cheapens the tune. (IMO)

If you put some more time into the beats and maybe locked off that little ‘yelp’ or whatever it is, I think you would have something outstanding.

Again - Just for the record - All IMO.

Regardless of my above minor gripes, you obviously have skills. I always look forward to hearing new tunes from you. You obviously rock some heavy hardware and it shows in the sound quality and individuality.

Props, keep them coming :)

On second listen I think the problem for my ears is that the synths are so abstract and alien they are clashing with the break that is very human and live. (If that makes any fucking sense at all)

I reckon if you used a more mechanical beat, or something less loose and live sounding it would lock on with the rest of the tune better.

IMO.

Peace x

Hello mate, Nice to see a name I know on here :)

Tunes big, Particularly the synth work, DIRTY DIRTY noise. Very nice.

I can tell you have fatted up the drums since I last heard it but personally I still feel they are letting the track down (IMO) also the little 'Yay' vocal that is attached to the break you have used (Or have added to your beat) cheapens the tune. (IMO)

If you put some more time into the beats and maybe locked off that little ‘yelp’ or whatever it is, I think you would have something outstanding.

Again - Just for the record - All IMO.

Regardless of my above minor gripes, you obviously have skills. I always look forward to hearing new tunes from you. You obviously rock some heavy hardware and it shows in the sound quality and individuality.

Props, keep them coming :)
Hey Ikos, good to see you on here too. All your points are totally valid, and I respect your opinion. I think I'll drop the "yelp" first, and I've been fucking with the drums for a while. I'm trying not to put an amen in there cuz I always do that, and I bussed the drum (break) tracks to a fx(psp warmer) to blend better, and phattened the kick and snare.

On second listen I think the problem for my ears is that the synths are so abstract and alien they are clashing with the break that is very human and live. (If that makes any fucking sense at all)

I reckon if you used a more mechanical beat, or something less loose and live sounding it would lock on with the rest of the tune better.

IMO.

Peace x
I can see what you're saying. When I was writing the drums, I was thinking of the new (?) Hazard tune with the sloppy drums style(e), and was inspired. Farther into my tune the cymbal/ridesy break drops out and the tune becomes more transparent. Maybe I need to clean things up a bit.
:)

Back
Top Bottom