Tune ID with no tune

DJ Triple-X

Hi,

I am looking for a track I heard on a mix that i have no idea what its called and I don't have an audio sample either, sorry.

I heard it in November 2010 and cannot for the life of me figure out who its by. I have checked through tracks by artists I thought it could be and on labels it may have been released on and still no luck.

This one is gonna be a challenge.

It is a very high energy type track. It is a bit techy, but not like most techstep. I would say its a little dark, high energy, and atmospheric. Could be described as high energy and minimal/

Sorry ,that's not much to go on and could be any number of tunes. I heard it in 2010 and I don't think by the sound of it that its older than 2006, just guessing.

If you don't mind could you post the names of any tune that fits that description of, I would just love to get this track.

Cheers

Not Noisia - Stigma

I don't think its by anyone that would be classed as techstep/neurofunk.

Sorry mate, no vocal samples, unless you class a vocal sample as someone making a "bubbling" noise with their mouth (or at least that's what it sounds like to me). Doesn't happen to much in the track though.

I've tried checking out artists like logistics, NuTone, Lenzman, Commix, Rufige Kru, Marcus Intalex and no luck so far, but I think I'm in the right area.

Its deffo not jump up/wobble, liquid and unlikely to be techstep. It sounds be atmospheric/minimal. And could be considered quite dark. Its deffo not smooth. Its high energy and feels euphoric/atmospheric.

There is no vocals except a guy making a weird noise with his mouth for a few seconds a few times during the track. Actually sounds like he's saying a word where the word is cut off and repeats the last part of the word really fast(like machine gun fast lol) that then fades out all within a couple of seconds.

It has a heavy standard drum and bass beat with hard drum pads.

Its really frustrating I can't describe it better, sorry.

Might it be easier to find the mix first? Sounds like a stab in the dark to me without audio or vocals

Nope. I've went through Lomax's discography as well.

Its not a smooth/jazzy/liquid track. Thanks for the attempt though.

If people could post artists that might fit the bill for what I'm trying to describe, then I will check them out and let you know when I find it.

As I said, I would describe it as high energy, atmospheric, a bit dark, and possibly could be minimal, but has heavy beats.

Bit of a stab in the dark. Bubbly & high energy, not really minimal + has a clear vocal. Break & Hydro - Future

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, that's not it, but I think this may be in the right area.

I would say the one I'm looking for has a harder beat and is even more high energy that this.

there is probably about 10,000 tracks that fit your vague description so i wont even attempt a wild guess.
as someone has already mentioned, find the mix its on. or even where you heard it or who played it.

if you have only heard it once, chances are you have distorted your memory of it and such a track doesn't actually exist.

Nope, deffo remember it clearly its just hard to describe without audio and vocal samples.

I emailed the radio station to see if they have the mix, or maybe the tracklist, so waiting for a reply right now.

Ok, the guy hasn't got back to me about the mix, but I heard a tune that sounds quite similar to the one I'm after. Its called Bad Cop by Lomax. Its not this one but its similar.

No sorry, its not Noisia - Crank

The station that done the mix is looking it out for me. Will let you know what it is soon, or if he doesn't know, then I will get him to send the mix if possible and post it on here.

Haha I really wanna know what this tune is now....

how about this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Close mate. I hear some similarities. Got that high energy feel. This is more "wobbly" than the tune I heard. The bass sounds about right too, maybe a bit deeper than the tune I'm after.

Deffo in the right ball park though. Deffo the right sound.

Checked out the original too, sounds more like that, but not the one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom