[TUNE] FREEK - DINOSAUR (LIQUID)

Very chilled out mellow vibe to this one. I like the production on this one, all the sounds seem to sit in the mix well. Only thing that let me down was after the drop, I was expecting it to be a little harder than it was. Especially halfway through the 1st drop you have a quick break, then it re-drops. At that point I was expecting something that just never came.

Apart from that though.....good shit!

yea man i get what you mean, ive done a new mixdown and brought the snare in a bit more which gives it alot more punch. am gonna work on it a bit more and upload the finished version. cheers for the comms fletch

The halftime beat is always a two sided sword. You have much more space for other elements to do the rhythm, but it can make the tune too choppy too. This time it doesn't drop well for me. But I like the piano and synth work.

The bass needs a sub layer badly tho, more power.

yeh sounding good man, like the mellow vibes ya got goin there. i think the snare needs to be a bit more dominant, try boosting the EQ around 140 hz an see if tht does it, otherwise could just layer another bassier snare over the top. i really like all the sounds you use, they work together well, but i think you need to give the drop more presence, maybe do something crazy an unecspected with the frequencies, and get a more powerful rising noise. nice ideas tho mate well done :)

Cheers peeps am glad you liked it, have included the newest mixdown in my december mix if anyones interested. the links in my sig.
Safe

Back
Top Bottom