[TUNE]Freakshow (Phuture Motion) Remix by ThinKING

thin king

http://soundcloud.com/thin-king/freakshow-3

Really need some fairly urgent help - this is a remix I'm doing for local hero's phuture motion here in sunny sheff!! I am going insane with trying to get a balance with the mix before finishing it (so ignore after about 3:30 as its not finished!!). Please lend me your ears and let me know. Thanks muchly!

Last edited:
interesting.

i actually think the last bit past 4.00 sound s the most complete, i think the sub is a bit higher in the mix?

i would compress the under track sample (freak show) and boost it right up, give it some balls.

your kick has no bottom end either.

like the synth bass though, it's mean.

sorry bit confused here when you say under track sample do you mean the vocal - freakshow - and the kick has lots of low end it peaks at 80hz don't need it lower if you want the sub to not interfere, what are you listening on?? and the second bit is in the same octave so shouldn't feel any higher the mid bass is a bit cleaner though which may make that effect?

I thought the bass synth, when it comes in, masks the weight of the kick, and muffles the snare a bit.
Cool tune tho

sorry bit confused here when you say under track sample do you mean the vocal - freakshow - and the kick has lots of low end it peaks at 80hz don't need it lower if you want the sub to not interfere, what are you listening on?? and the second bit is in the same octave so shouldn't feel any higher the mid bass is a bit cleaner though which may make that effect?

i think it's the old organ sound that needs beefing, but it's a personal thing, nothing wrong with it.

i've got Yamaha MS101/3 Compact Active Monitors, they are pretty accurate.

i think the shelving on the kick is a bit clinical, but i think that's your sound/style and
technically you are right, but IMO you need a bit of cross over in your frequencies
otherwise you cut out that 'gel' that holds the sounds together and gives it an organic feel.

the more i listen to it, the tighter i realise it is.

there's something about it that bugs me though, like i want it to be harder & grittier.
i think in its heart is is a really mean tune, but it's too clean cut, possibly a little over produced?

there is loads i love about it, filter on the beat before the drop etc.

i would 'blow out' a few of the sounds, be a bit looser and more
aggressive with the compression/mix.

but i think all of this is personal preference stuff, like i said, it's technically
very tight :)

good work.

i look forward to hearing more of your stuff.

DM.

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:22 ----------

BTW, i really like that 'Feel good factor' track on your Soundcloud.

thanks mate thats really helpful I've got a few ideas now so I'll get to work this week and post up soon. kepp up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom