tune for review - demonic - multitool

I thought the drums sound a little 'clean'.
The percussion was a little dry and slightly too up front maybe?
After the second drop the additional bass is too loud, it kinda jumps out of the mix, probably more noticeable because it's panned left.

I did like the bass and I quite like the tune over-all. These are just a few things I would change personally.

yeah i wondered about the conga/cowbell coming through too much. and i do see what you mean about the bass, def gonna keep trying to perfect the mix.
what do you mean by the drums are too clean? needs a little compression to round the ends off? maybee some crunch on the snare. ?

I loved the cowbell... superb, my type of percussion :) I did think the overall sound was a bit tinny and thin. Maybe you could boost the mid/high ranges a bit... Also i thought the flow was a bit repetative, lathough i am a fan of dnb that just rolls out instead of chopping and changing all the time.

Overall Nice work

Emmeeji ()Steve

flow was a bit repetative, lathough i am a fan of dnb that just rolls out instead of chopping and changing all the time.

Emmeeji ()Steve

i agree, and i agree. i do think i need to go back in and add some drum edits, or a rise or two to keep things going. especially in the long first half. just havent found something that fits yet.

thanks!

oi man... what subprime sayd is what you should change to make the sound of the tune better, but i just want to say what you could change (in my opinion what means for my flavour): i would like it faster so it would be more groovy and it wold give the tune more strenght, and i think there should be more changes in your main bass melody and more breaks to make it more interesting. anyways i like the tune... i like the main melody. peace

I think the Perc is jamming... it sounds like the SD could be brought up a half DB or more... just a bit more volume to it would make it smack perfectly in the cheap headphones I'm listening to it on. That KD is smacking nicely... the snare is just a hair behind it in terms of power (volume would solve that I'm sure).

1:41/1:42 - something new needs to be introduced here imo

Honestly, the Bass doesn't do anything for me. It isn't driving enough to compliment your Perc. The weird Mid Range sound you introduce at 3:55 is a couple DB too loud, and it sounds out of place to me.

Overall, the track sounds unfinished... it's missing Leadwork, a Pad or two, and imho, a complete Bassline rework.

I enjoyed the Cowbell :clown:

Back
Top Bottom