[Tune] Dethria - Soul Rider (soulful, liquid dnb)

It sounds muddy in places, pulses like it's badly compressed, (?) and just generally sounds badly mixed/mastered.

Which is a bloody shame, because the tune sounds really very good.

Lot's of nice elements and ideas.

Could be good if it wasn't so squashed. My impression is that you've gone for a bit too much punch.

Really, really like the tune tho.

I have to agree with Subprime. The tune itself has huge potential! sounds like it could be beautiful with the correct eq'ing and mixdown.

Thanks for your advice. I will try to manipulate with the compression on master as you suggest. You both probably hear what im not hearing on my shitty alesis m1 active speakers, because for me the track sounds quite nice. Or maybe im simply deaf, lol :P

So. I will try to do my best and upload it once more.

sounds nice at my end tbf, not that overcompressed at all. im behind alesis aswell if that helps?!

dunno, but the mixdown could be a bit finer, but i like it as it is! good work!

right the melody of all the instruments is amazing... you are a very v musical person. structure is amazing aswell.

i really think your drums may be letting you down... and you might need to work on how clean your bass is aswell... but its hard to tell with those drums covering them up..

this might all just be being effected by the mixdown... you may actually have very clean drums and clean bass, but it certainly is not coming accross that way either because of the mixdown or the sound quality...

soo... when are you going to sign the deal with hospital records my friend??

i'm using alesis too...and your drums sounds like it needs some more compression work...that's why the Sub is taking over the whole song

other than that,all instruments sounds in the right place :)

big tune potential this one...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom