trying to stop smoking.

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Kenneth4Eva, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

i have stopped for 8 days and im doing ok apart from the sweating and the illness and sore throats.

Physical Symptoms.

During the quitting process people should consider the following physical symptoms of withdrawal as they were recuperating from a disease and treat them accordingly as they would any physical symptoms:

Tingling in the hands and feet
    Sweating
    Intestinal disorders (cramps, nausea)
    Headache
    Cold symptoms as the lungs begin to clear (sore throats, coughing, and other signs of colds and respiratory problem)

The first few weeks after quitting smoking are usually the most difficult and it's safe to say that it normally takes at least 8-12 weeks before a person starts to feel comfortable with their new lifestyle change of being an ex-smoker. Withdrawal from nicotine, an addictive drug found in tobacco, is characterized by symptoms that include headache, anxiety, nausea and a craving for more tobacco. Nicotine creates a chemical dependency, so that the body develops a need for a certain level of nicotine at all times. Unless that level is maintained, the body will begin to go through withdrawal similar to alcohol addiction withdrawal. For tobacco users trying to quit, symptoms of withdrawal from nicotine are unpleasant and stressful, but only temporary. Most withdrawal symptoms peak 48 hours after you quit and are completely gone in six months.
    Mental and Emotional Symptoms.

Tension and craving build up during periods of withdrawal, sometimes to a nearly intolerable point. One European study found that the incidence of workplace accidents increases on No Smoking Day, a day in which up to 2 million smokers either reduce the amount they smoke or abstain altogether.

Nearly every moderate to heavy smoker experiences more than one of the following strong emotional and mental responses to withdrawal.

Feelings of being an infant: temper tantrums, intense needs, feelings of dependency, a state of near paralysis.
    Insomnia
    Mental confusion
    Vagueness
    Irritability
    Anxiety
    Depression is common in the short and long term. In the short term it may mimic the feelings of grief felt when a loved one is lost. As foolish as it sounds, a smoker should plan on a period of actual mourning in order to get through the early withdrawal depression.

11 more weeks to go hahaha.
    i am going to hate it the most when i have a drink

2. fractal

fractal Well-Known Member

i recently did it u just have to stop being a fraggle and smoke a lot more weed for a while until youll never smoke a fag again

3. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

i stopped smoking weed years ago. doesn't agree with me.

4. JReilly

JReilly Member

I stopped a few years back, it was shit for a few weeks but I felt great afterwards.

When ever you feel like having a cigarette go for a run or do some excersize, worked for me.

5. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

i stop smoking all the time....

...for about 8 hours every night.

6. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

I gave up 5 years ago, the first few weeks were a bitch! Especially going down the pub surrounded by smokers!
    I think once you get past the first month it becomes pretty easy after that, you hit a point where you still would like to smoke, but you can say no without a problem.

The thing I hate about it is the fact that I still miss it sometimes now, 5 years later!! But at £7-£8 a pack there is no way I would go back to it now!

7. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

the price is to god damn high

8. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

good luck mate.
    giving up smoking is one of the hardest things you can do.
    i've given up loads of times. hence why i don't have any wise words to share.

9. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Ive always found after 3 days im pretty much clear of all withdrawel symptoms.

I always start again though after about a month.

If you dont WANT to give up, but feel like you should or need to, you wont be able to quit.
    Trying to give up something you want to do is next to impossible. Its when your like "i hate smoking, its horrible and really want to give up" that you'll quit no problem.

I enjoy it far too much.

10. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

get an e-cig, i have one for when i know i'm not gonna be able to afford any baccy for a while, and they work a treat, no withdrawal symptoms but you still crave the actual smoke rather than nictotine vapour

11. bongo90

bongo90 Member

12. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Giving up smoking is fackin easy, why the hell do you even get side effects?? Were you smoking 3 packs a day or what??

E-Cigs..yeah right..cancer. Allen Carr..cliche.

:hulk:

13. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

14. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

I give up everytime I finish a night out on the piss and restart the next time I have a beer.

Really don't understand the need to smoke when I'm sober, never crave one during the week.

As soon as I have that first pint though, I crave a cig and I can smoke 20 - 30 cigs easily on a night out.

15. JReilly

JReilly Member

I hate to see women smoke, especially big fat chicks standing outside supermarkets with kids in the trolly breathing all that shit over em.

16. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

i agree, its kind of weird to see obese people smoking. the cigarette looks so small on them, cos of the scale, the ratios skews the perspective.
    and then when they exhale its like how could that one mouthful fill up that whole husk with smoke? it doesnt make any sense, surely they need three or four tokes to fill their gargantuan lungs with enough smoke to get a good toke. but thats not how it works you see, the lungs do not expand in relation to the asparagus. and why did you do that anyway youre so fat you couldnt possibly need more problems now. which brings us to the subject of liposuction. you know, when they suck out the fat, is it true they suck out the fat but leave the excess skin? isnt that particularly cruel. or, is it so, that you die otherwise?

17. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

A mate of mine hates smoking women and painted fingernails..but as long as they do his laundry..geez..what a miserable cunt he is :lol:

18. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

this friend of yours... he wouldnt happen to be you would he

19. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

i hate painted toenails.

feet are ugly (thats a fact) so why draw attention to them by covering them in rainbow bright's piss?!

and open toe shoes... really? love ur feet look like retarded hands. cover that shit up!

20. kenyon

kenyon @ The Crack Spot

i need to quit so bad but just cant