Trying To Quit Drinking...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Moskit, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

Hardest thing I have ever done.

Quit ritual abuse of Cocaine (still take once or twice a year), stopped taking E's/Amphetamines/Hallucigens ober 5 years ago now.

My weed habit is minimal.

Just finding it very hard indeed.

Anybody quit after heavy abuse?

In a simillar boat to me?

2. spiderfran286

spiderfran286 "Yes, squid pro roe..."

im hooked on the mary jane, was a pillhead a few years back but ive stopped all that now

3. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

always found it pretty easy to 'quit' substances n ting really. just the way it's always been. never found it hard to just stop or say no.

if you don't mind me askin why you quittin man? health reasons or just personal?

moderation is the key tbh. quitin stuff just makes you crave it more (in most caseS) denying yourself that pleasure wants you WANT WANT WANT WANT. so just moderate yourself on it if you're just doing it for you.

that way, everybody happy.

by everybody, i mean all the voices in your head.

4. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

yea stoppin drinkin is hard!lol
    i tryed to stop for a month just for a break an lasted about 2 days!hahaha

5. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

oh, and i'd never really say i was hooked on anything.
    few years ago used to smoke bare trees, but it's occasional really now. and about a year ago (in hindsight) i had a bit of a drinkin problem, but that'd delt with now - it's amazing when you get some tranquility and happiness in your life how a lot of problems just wash away.
    never cained any chemicals or anything like that, never really been my thing.

6. motion audio

motion audio Active Member

I havnt drank any alcohol since Christmas, so bout 6 months, havnt really thought about it to be honest, get you mind on something else and it'll be easier.

7. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

I've given up all sorts I think I've actually become addicted to giving up addictions, I love the unbearable pain followed by the satisfaction of giving it all up. It's all about getting yourself away from circles and stopping things you associate with the thing your trying to give up.

8. krease

krease Member

i dont drink really........

i smoke a lot tho and wud find it hard / frustrating to stop when next man sparks a J.

9. djhektikz

djhektikz Active Member

Good luck!! i wish i could!!

10. Moskit

Moderation is the ultimate aim, but need to quit for a while to get it back under control, as it is way out of it at the moment... As i've experienced those other symptoms you mentioned whilst "quiting" the sniff.

Quitting for my future benifit really, health, realtionship - wife, money.

Had started to slip into drink driving aswell, which is probably the main one, as I am thoroughly ashamed of it & myself for being so fucking weak & stupid. :(

Spent the night in the cells on Thursday night & luckily got away intact, but i'm just getting too old for that shit.

11. Dan M

Dan M hard gay northern bear

used to take e's every day with ethix and friends from before also phet, even smoked my fair share of rock. done acid and basically every class a drug a lot not to mention buckets and shotties from the age of twelve.

quit smoking two years ago, had no smoke at all since then. also the only drug ive had in that time is the odd e or line of coke but nothing AT ALL in the last 6 months.

drink socially on a weekend, gamble and play lots of sports like golf, football, squash. had a baby now so i've basically accepted that theres more to life than getting fuckin messy all the time. i now spend my time wanking over birds sister and mum a lot.

fact is you'll never quit drugs or booze or fags or sex or midget wrestling....... you'll only stop doing the things you dont want to do in life anymore.

12. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

Good luck mate, I used to drink quite a lot, I stopped for a cupla months a while back, I still drink now but from my break I learnt the moderation thing, sometimes slips up but still its better than.. good luck fella

13. Moskit

I like you alot :gang_bang

That has actually really cheered me up!

This is usually my type of outlook, just needed a little kick up the arse, as i've been trying to avoid certain circles of friends as I know i'll end up drinking if I link them, even though they will support me full-force, its my weakness that fuels my stupidity.

Have a set to play at a large'ish night on the 31st, so the aim is to stay dry till then & see what happens.

14. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

im a sex addict.. i have bought shame on my familly. i also take crystal meth and 'ice'.

im also a self confessed alcoholic and live on the streets. If this doesnt make you wana stop drinking i dont know what will.

LOOK AT ME MOSKIT FUCKING LOOK AT ME!!!!

15. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

See this as your goal mate. My advice would be to just mix,mix,mix everytime you have a craving. Perhaps learn how to produce? This usually eats up a lot of time. You just need little tasks to keep your mind at bay.
    I wish my mate had the same attitude as you man. He's got a rare form of diabetes and is a massive alcoholic. Doctor said if he doesn't give up on the booze, he won't last long. Yet, he still drinks :rinsed:

16. pitts

pitts Member

im currently tryin to quit weed only on mi 3rd day but i smoked it religously since i left skool n i av an 8th sat in my draw coz if i find if i actually have it the need for it is less if u no wot i mean. im just tryin to keep myself occupied doin other tings such as going on mi decks more dowloaded fruity loops demo n gunna try get to grips wi that n gunna join a gym im just gunna try occupy all my time so i dnt av time to get stoned. But my problem like it always is, is that all my m8s smoke it every day so i may av 2 stop hanging round wi them in order to do it but will be hard as i dnt av that many friends now which is down to doing nothing but getin stoned n loing touch with all my old friends.

the main reason i av choosen to stop is because its mashing my head n av started randomly flipping all the time n my stutter i ad when i was little has come back which i tink i due o the contsantly gettin fucked n my rents av asked me to stop

17. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Discovered pills etc towards the end of high school and smashed it all ini college.

Nearly got kicked out for not turning up and got suspended for fleecing people at texas hold 'em.

Decided the right idea was to knock it on the head and get a bird. She would do drugs but wouldn't get silly with it. Just spent a lot of time with her and started mixing.

Thought I was in the clear but then went to uni and did pretty much the same thing, but I realised what I was doing and checked it.

I think that vices are things which never go away and it's about replacing them instead of denying them.

My mother is an alcoholic and it is destroying her, she hasn't got any outlet for it.

My advice is to not 'stock up' on beers etc when you do a shop. Also cut down before you quit. Focus on time with the wife do something new together (obviously this is leading into a smut related remark)

Nothing happens overnight it's a long ass process and there will be ups and downs if you've been sober for 2 weeks and you go on a bender don't think that's the end of quitting it just means that you fucked up once and everybody fucks up. Keep a level head and think about where you want to be a year from now.

18. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

Yep. I quit/majorly cut back through necessity though as opposed to will.

Children do that to you. It didn't stop me altogether it just only happened maybe once every 2 months after being a space cadet for pretty much every weekend for 7 years.

19. Moskit

See kids are the next step for me, mrs is proper broody & I refuse to be an alcoholic dad.

I see so many friends who have pretty much turned their lives around through having children & it becomes more appealing to me everyday.

Trouble is, I need to be able to trust myslef, my mums old man ruined two families through drinking & i'm not about to do the same.

20. mikey-bizzle-08

mikey-bizzle-08 WASTEMAN!

I got caught drink driving and banned for 15 months but get my license bk the end of next month cant fuckin wait...... but yeh i could also do with quitting the drink. since April when i was made redundant i've drank nearly everyday i seem 2 get in to a fair bit of trouble when i've had a drink as well.....i also need 2 give up the bud as well im hopelessly addicted 2 it and cant imagine a day not smokin it which ent a nice feelin really..... at one point i went thourgh a stage of needin alot of coke n all but luckily i sorted that b4 it got outta hand