Trying to find a summer job .........and failing!!! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Dj_Fozzybear, May 4, 2006.

1. Dj_Fozzybear

Dj_Fozzybear Greenpiece Records

The jobcentre is a :knob:
    The website won't let me search for seasonal summer jobs only specific bollox about what job i want (animal care? performing arts?:mad: )
    I want any job as long as it starts on the 14th July and ends in sept (to fill in my weeks when i am not working at the college i work at)
    I can't get to the jobcentre as it is too far from work and i can't get out for that long!!!
    So........
    Anyona wanna give me a summer job? or know anyone that will? Pleeeeeease help a desperate bear out!!!! I will do anything as long as it is full time........except anything to do with shit ( i was offered a job by my mate cleaning human sewage silos but i did not want to spend summer in there you get me?!!!)

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  2. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

3. mesh

mesh Active Member

In Aus we have privately owned sites to find jobs, like this ---> http://www.seek.com.au/uk/

sure you have some similar sites, you could find with a bit of googling.
    its hard getting a full-time job as opposed to casual, for sure mate.
    do you have hospitality experience, cause you can often just roll up with a decent CV/resume for them

4. Dj_Fozzybear

hehehehe well..........
    I used to but as i work in a college, i can lose my job and get myself on the "national register of dangerous adults" if i get caught doing anything with drugs or kiddie fiddling (thats my two favourite pastimes out then :teeth:)

And mesh..... yeah i have lookedainto private sites/agencies etc but they usually take a quid or so of your hourly wage and they cannot help with seasonal summer shizzle!!! AAAAGGGH!

5. mesh

mesh Active Member

is that right, well fucked up. well shit man, best of luck. you need money for partying in summer!
    (yn)

6. 12 inch grinch

12 inch grinch Active Member

sign on the jsa then juggle your 88£ fortnightly with weed or whatever u fancie also sting the social for weekly for crissis loan or claim incapacity bennifits because some basterds trash your picnic ! please help this bear in need ! lol

7. Dj_Fozzybear

I know man, i once worked for this agency and was being paid £5.00 an hour and found out the "real" staff who weren't on the agency got £7.50!!!!
    Needless to say i quit that one straight off!!!
    I need money to eat at the moment not partys!!!!
    All i live on at the moment is Double Deckers and coffee!!!
    :teeth:

8. Dj_Fozzybear

I did actually ask the deal with benefits etc but again another dead end. It turns out i can get about £250 a month for various things (including being a "key worker" whatever the hell that is!!) BUT.......
    and its a big BUT...........
    The benefits would be added to my taxable income as i work and there fore would send me into a much higher tax bracket meaning i would actually get less than i get now without them........
    Go Figure!!!!:mad: