Trying to bounce down a sound that's being sent to multiple busses (logic)

Eskei

Easy all

So I've made a bass sound in Massive which I've then sent to 3 busses (sub, low mid, high mid), those 3 busses are then routed to a 4th buss with a some more plugins. How do I go about bouncing down the final sound from bus 4? I feel like this should be something really simple I've somehow glossed over...

Cheers

if bouncing doesnt work for your setup, then route your 4th Bus to a recordable audio channel and record it in real time (might want to check your DAW record settings are set to at least 24bit 96khz)

switch to ableton and use groups, they are like turbo charged busses, with no faffing about :)

Busses are simply a channel with other channels routed into them - the one you will be most familiar with is the Master output AKA Master Bus, which combines all your channels into a pair/stereo channel

The issue of bouncing the bus channels comes because some DAWs are not very sensible in their SOLO options, when you bounce a channel it tries to solo it and record it, which in some cases means the inputs into the bus are disabled, the best bet, if your daw doesnt offer the option of bouncing a bus, is to record it live, set the Monitor of the bus channel to IN (rather than Auto, or Out, or whatever other options you may have), arm the channel by hitting its Record Arm button, then hit record in your DAW, this will record an Audio clip of whatever is going into the bus - once you are finished, reset the Monitor to Auto or whatever it was set to, and then drag the audio clip to a new channel, or leave it in place, depending on what you need from the bus

Solo bus 4 and bounce?

This and if this doesn't work you probably haven't routed them right. Are you routing them via sends or by changing the to output to bus four? If its former some of the sound will still be going to the main output. If you still can't get it to work solo the three basses and buses and then bounce.

Just solo the track with Massive on it track and then bounce the section (make sure the bypass effects option is switched off).

I had this problem, you just need to get used to how it works:

If you have multiple tracks going to one bus or the same busses it will bounce the regions to a new track which has the same sends as the original track

If you have multiple tracks with different sends, it will bounce the regions to a new track without any sends and will not apply the effects of the sends

Best way to get around this is to solo the tracks you want to bounce and bounce your track to a WAV file for the section you want, then reimport the audio file...this will have all the effects of each bus applied.

Im yet to try the groups in Logic X but I'm guessing they might be capable of this.

Mute everything but Massive, render as audio.

Save tune, delete everything but Massive, render as audio, reload project, "Don't Save", load rendered audio into project.

?

When I want to bounce something with the buses in logic, I just solo the track's and the bus(es). And just do a regular bounce to the project folder. Then it's just to import the audio from the folder and there you have it!

Back
Top Bottom