Trying my hand at 180... what do y'all think?

not sure what u mean by 180...

Bowser: the bass is far too loud. there isnt enough atmosphere either. u need something really nice and light and echoey in the back ground. other than that, beef up the kick/snare and work on the mix down. good job!

cryptonite sounds ok. Bit boring. put much more high end on the hats or something... they just sound too unnatural. bass is a little boring. not the sequence, just the bass sound itself isnt sculpted very well.
overall not too shabby (y)

not sure what u mean by 180...

Bowser: the bass is far too loud. there isnt enough atmosphere either. u need something really nice and light and echoey in the back ground. other than that, beef up the kick/snare and work on the mix down. good job!

cryptonite sounds ok. Bit boring. put much more high end on the hats or something... they just sound too unnatural. bass is a little boring. not the sequence, just the bass sound itself isnt sculpted very well.
overall not too shabby (y)

180 BPM

Sorry they didn't sing for ya. What did you listen to these on?

most drum and bass producers produce around 174/175 currently matey.. 180bpm is a bit high to be honnest

Lol... are you serious? Originally, last year I made two DnB tunes.. both at 160. Posted them here, y'all said they were 'way' too slow. So now I thought 180 would be apt... and you're telling me nopers. I've got something else going at 176 so I guess I can settle for that.

These are stuck at 180... once I've heard something I'm working on for more than a couple hours, I can't change the speed.

Did you even listen to these two WIPs?
: )

much prefer the first one as its got a bit of a darker vibe.. i was feeling the different snare sounds you had in that one, and the perc sounds real nice. couldnt pick out much i liked about the second one tho personally the drums are sounding weak :(

much prefer the first one as its got a bit of a darker vibe.. i was feeling the different snare sounds you had in that one, and the perc sounds real nice. couldnt pick out much i liked about the second one tho personally the drums are sounding weak :(

exactly this!

and with the speed - dont worry aslong as its sick ;)

Back
Top Bottom