Troubles ableton after installing OS X Yosemite?

Saftstein

VIP Junglist
What's up people,

This thread is directed to the people out there using a Mac operating system.
Since i bought my macbook i never updated to a new OS X system, because i didn't want to change a running system. Basically this means i'm still running Lion on my macbook, which didn't cause any problems yet. The reason why i want to update to 1.10 (or higher) is, that i need some programs for university that only support higher versions of my operating system (like OneNote or GitHub).

I heard from several people that they had problems running ableton after installing OS X Yosemite, especially errors with their 32 bit plug-ins. As pretty much all of my plug-ins are 32bit I'm a bit afraid to update. I really don't want all of my VSTs to be screwed up, also i fear that projects will be damaged.

So, is anyone able to share their experiences with me? Especially if things get f*cked up, how long would it take me to fix it? Because if the amount of time is too high, it would probably be better to look for alternative versions of the programs i need.

Cheers

Can't help with your specific problem but if you can maybe try a dummy run (fresh install of yosemite, ableton and plugins) on an external to see how bad /good it is? Might seem like loads of effort but I recon it would be worse to lose a working os.

Can't help with your specific problem but if you can maybe try a dummy run (fresh install of yosemite, ableton and plugins) on an external to see how bad /good it is? Might seem like loads of effort but I recon it would be worse to lose a working os.

The idea is pretty good mate! Now it's all about to find out how to install yosemite on my external hard drive. Probably not that easy as it's … mac
Have you ever done this before?

Ah it's a actually a piss of piece, search how to make a bootable usb of yosemite and use the terminal procedure (y)

Back
Top Bottom