Trouble with leads..

Discussion in 'Production' started by AcidShroom, Oct 4, 2012.

1. AcidShroom

AcidShroom Member

Hellooooo,

I tried makinga nice square lead with Massive and after a bit i quit, cause all of the static-artificial soundingness of it....Switched to Sylenth1 and I like the analogueness of it, but for example when i make OSC1 sqw -1 detune a bit, OSC2 sqw -5 detune a bit, the sound is heading to the right direction but still im having trouble with adding the whine-like sound to it......I really like those soft leads that are a bit whiny but I'm lost :S

Anyone got any ideas?

2. spyre

spyre sample all the things

Got some examples?

3. AcidShroom

AcidShroom Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG1PGu_igBk this is a typical example, love that soft synth

but in general i want to grasp the idea of how to make a square alot softer n whinier, got some ideas but still....im craving for more! :D.

4. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Sounds like a square with a short glide added to it. Some overdrive can make it sound more full sounding and "round". Maybe taken out the very highs as well... :)

5. spyre

spyre sample all the things

Yea i think its a square with some saw in it, but what do i know. http://www.mediafire.com/?no828z0n07n9f8s just add some stereo widening and eq onto that and it could be pretty close

6. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Had a try in Albino, used a triangle, a triangle/square, another triangle/square +1 octave. Low pass filter with some resonance at 6k, some saturation and a bit of glide.

7. AcidShroom

AcidShroom Member

o_O this is quite it actually, but I fiddled around with Albino and when i introduce another osc with triangel/square it adds phasing and i just dont get that sound :L:L

8. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry bout the retard print screen. Can't work out how to crop it down. Doesn't windows7 have the same fix options as vista. Anyway, that's about what I had in Albino. Not sure about your phasing, I don't think that should happen? Oh make sure you push the precision up to 100, that's not the default. Don't think that causes huge phasing tho.

FFS that's feckin useless, tiny as, anyway, see that monkey in my sig, he's smarter than me at computers, but he's on holiday. Bruce, that's his name.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012