Troglodyte VIP

might not be the best, but certainly one of the best and is this even going to be released?
also didn't really need a vip as it was perfect the way it was imo

Apparently it's being released on nightlife 6 along with city lights. When I say best I mean in terms of the fact that it is still a staple in a vast majority of any dnb djs sets and i've never heard anyone say they dislike it

Don't get why people bitch about VIPs so much. It's like, sure, the initial product may have been perfect. But that doesn't mean it isn't interesting to see how the holy grandfather of drum and bass (culture shock) would have done things dfferently

this VIP sounds totally different to the actual tune, its not like a rock it vip, its one of those vips that sounds very different if my memory serves me correctly. Heard it at WHP

^^gives you a rough idea!

Last edited by a moderator:
would be pretty big if these two tunes were on the EPs. Why not make a single out of it though... Anyway, speculation will be over soon. Release is 11 Nov, only couple of weeks away!

Deekay[AUS];1414839 said:
LOL, wouldn't say it's the best. Good filler tune tbh. But each to their own.

In terms of production technique and originality it's definitely one of the best tracks I've heard in drum & bass.

ah good. if there is one thing drum and bass needs to be taken more seriously its more vips

In terms of production technique and originality it's definitely one of the best tracks I've heard in drum & bass.

This, plus how insanely sick the tune itself actually is, very simple idea, but extremely effective. And it's a gift to the mix as well. Can't argue that this tune was one of the biggest last year.

Last edited:
Deekay[AUS];1414841 said:
Heh, I don't like VIP's being released. To me they are special remixes done by the producer to play out something different that no one else has.
I would normally agree.. I felt exactly the same about Danny Byrd's "Ill behaviour VIP", it felt special when I heard it out..

..BUT.. I need camo & krooked to release the History Of The Future bodyrox VIP. Now.

ah good. if there is one thing drum and bass needs to be taken more seriously its more vips

kind of irrelevant being that the vip sounds so different to the original, but sort of understand what your getting at….

TEN! someone played this at genesis last weekend and it really is fucking epic, potentially the best VIP of any tune i've ever heard. as far as i could tell it had 2 breakdowns and 3 drops, each even crazier than the last?!

Back
Top Bottom