Tripwire (New Mix/Master!) (Liquid/Dancefloor track) Feedback wanted!

BattleteK

I used the body of another track of mine, disposed the bass and all that because I wasnt really satisfied with it. Now I made this bass and melody on top of it. Let me hear your critics :)

EDIT: I did a complete rework on the mixing and mastering section. Let me know what you guys think! Also, I layered that pluckish bassline with a new one, so the bassline is also different

Click here to listen on Soundcloud

Last edited:
morning battletek. nice tune, rolls already very well and master sound seems fine to my ears. esp. the drums/rhythm are good i believe. (y)
i would add some variation to the main melody and possibly also variate the sound, such as a filter or stretch effect. it's lacking a bit in the low end, maybe you can increase bass frequencies and cut some of the mids, i think the main rhythm would be more in the front then. just my 2 cents .. :)

Hats sound nice and crisp, overall drum work sounds fine but they are not very present within the mix. the only thing I'd like more of is a snappier snare (That's just personal preference as all my snares are snappy) and just to bring the levels up a bit overall.

I think my main issue I was ha synth melody, when you took it away and left just the mid bassy sounding synth it was sounding a lot more to my liking. Personally I'd maybe lower the happy synth an octave or two and just make the drums a little fuller as they are not very standout within the mix.

Does kind of remind me of something Ram would have on it so I guess that's a compliment haha, overall I'd work on making the tune a little less cheesy and just having more of tear out style drums. That is all personal preference for me though and I am no expert, hopefully this could help at all!

If you could feedback me also that would be great (https://dnbforum.com/threads/detached-back-then-wip-liquid-project-feedback-appreciated.190931/)

Very nice song, I absolutely love the midrange bass and its melody. I actually like the lead synth's melody too but I agree that I liked the parts without that lead synth the most. I think for me it comes down to the actual lead synth's sound itself, perhaps go for a different lead synth sound that is in that same higher frequency range but is a more modern sound. Perhaps elaborate on that lead melody a bit as the song progresses. I loved the variations you did with the arrangement regarding the drums and gated effect.

I kind of agree with JamesDetached's comment on the hats, they sound great but they get lost in the mix depending on which speakers I'm using to listen to the song. On my regular iMac speakers they get really lost in the mix, on my Yamaha monitors I can hear them cut through alot better. Just something to keep in mind b/c you never know what type of speakers your listeners might be using. I do wish there were some splashy rides that would come in at some parts of the song to assist the hats and keep that great "rolling" sound momentum you have with this song but that's just personal preference. I'd keep the snare(s) you have and perhaps layer another one that is snappier to help the snare cut through especially if some rides or additional hats are added.

Overall, you have a great song on your hands bro. It has a great momentum and energy to it, it has a SOLID foundation for a great dancefloor track IMO. Actually it has alot more than just the foundation because all the elements are there, it feels like it's just one revision away. Keep it up!

Last edited:
hi again. i had some time and listened again on a proper sound system today. sounded much better this time. the chords are not that bad. what i would change is the baseline that kicks in at 1:06. the bass line playing shortly at 1:23 matches the whole track much better. i would use this one for when the chords are on, and the wobble bass when no chords are playing. regarding sound quality, i think it's need some more EQing. the high freq. didn't sound clear enough to my liking throughout the track. also the stereo imaging need works, maybe you can try some transient shaper on the master. sorry, i'm no expert on this at all. ohh, and that male vocal that appears sometimes could be way more in front. just my 2 cents worth .. the more i listen to your track the more i like it !! :2thumbs:

hi again. i had some time and listened again on a proper sound system today. sounded much better this time. the chords are not that bad. what i would change is the baseline that kicks in at 1:06. the bass line playing shortly at 1:23 matches the whole track much better. i would use this one for when the chords are on, and the wobble bass when no chords are playing. regarding sound quality, i think it's need some more EQing. the high freq. didn't sound clear enough to my liking throughout the track. also the stereo imaging need works, maybe you can try some transient shaper on the master. sorry, i'm no expert on this at all. ohh, and that male vocal that appears sometimes could be way more in front. just my 2 cents worth .. the more i listen to your track the more i like it !! :2thumbs:

Thanks maschinistom, that's kind! :) Yes, I admit that I did not put as effort into the highs in contrary to the rest ^^. Thanks mate, I will make an edited version!

it's rocking !! :rslayer:
to my ears, the synths are well improved. still, i think the drums need some work, should be more in front and wider. but could be my lousy sound system, will check later on headphones ..

Back
Top Bottom