Trippy Jump Up

Scatcat

It don't mean shit
VIP Junglist
Hey guys recently found this "new" type of dnb.

I call it trippy jump up, for cd labelling purposes, but I'm sure it has some other obscure sub-genre name

Basically it;s like that kind of rolling jump up - usually contains cut-up vocals, dischord, and round "trippy" wobble

A lot of the stuff I have is made by TWisted Individual (I got sent his unreleased works the other day) but have got stuff from Taxman, S.P.Y, I'd even put C&S - Trapdoor in there

I know I'm missing a lot of artists just wondering if anyone can give me a few producers who do this kind of stuff, underground and mainstream

You probably know what I'm talking about but here are some examples just in case (Sorry if they're really obvious or whatever):
I suppose this is a 'heavier' version of what I'm talking about

And this would be a more 'liquid' version:

Sorry they're both Twisted Individual that's mainly all I got :D

Last edited by a moderator:
he gave em out as a free download a few months back

yes he did indeedy - sorry my mate pointed out that i made it sound like I was close mates with Twisted Individual and he sent me the stuff to see what i thought hahaha

im a fan of this rolling jump up sound as well.
Dunno many people who make it tho here are some examples i think would be something you would call it.
[video=youtube;bT_aa2lnazo&feature=related]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT_aa2lnazo&feature=related[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah that's a big tune i already got that... i refuse to believe that people like it but nobody knows any other stuff like it ahahaha

maybe this but maybe this is more junglish kinda hard to draw the line sometimes
[video=youtube;bqhGNhvLUBc&playnext_from=TL&videos=ek4nq007JtM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqhGNhvLUBc&playnext_from=TL&videos=ek4nq007JtM[/video]

yeah when i originally posted this link i wanted to say its like a mix between liquid, dark, jump up and jungle but that would have just been ridiculous!!!!

---------- Post added at 23:56 ---------- Previous post was at 23:56 ----------

but that's basically what it is i guess

so essentially the recurring theme is most of these tracks are done by SPY hahaha cheers for the tracks fellas some big tunes here!

what is this 'Bristol' B-line?? hahah Is that what the name of this type of dnb is?? I'm downloading neway and having a listen

Bristol was famous for producing tunes with that sort of bass-line. All the Full Cycle and Dope Dragon back catalogues would interest you as would a lot of stuff on Trouble on Vinyl.

Sorry for the bump but I'm just about to buy a load more music and I still really wanna get more of this kind of dnb, if anyone knows any sick tracks or artists that I should check out could ya let me know??

are Full Cycle and Dope Dragn record labels or what? sorry i'm pretty clueless

Yeah they are both Lables, Full Cycle is quite big I'm suprised you've not heard of them Dope Dragon is like its sister lable, kind of like Frequency is to Ram.

Back
Top Bottom