tripping with the angels*

I like the your track. It has a nice melody to it. The drums sound a bit dry to me, I personally like to put a slight delay effect on my drums so they dont sound so dry. Nice work.

Coming on leaps and bounds man. Nice little thing you are working on here mate! The vibe is wicked. Kinda moody. I really like the pads on the intro! Those reverse pianos are a good touch too.
As other's have already said, just beef up those drums a bit more. All in all though, good work! Look forward to hearing the finished version.

I like the your track. It has a nice melody to it. The drums sound a bit dry to me, I personally like to put a slight delay effect on my drums so they dont sound so dry. Nice work.

i put a little reverb on some hits and leave some dry beacuse to my ears that sounds better. but i'll work on that when i've got a fuller sounding beat

Coming on leaps and bounds man. Nice little thing you are working on here mate! The vibe is wicked. Kinda moody. I really like the pads on the intro! Those reverse pianos are a good touch too.
As other's have already said, just beef up those drums a bit more. All in all though, good work! Look forward to hearing the finished version.

cheers man. the drums are the last piece of the puzzle for me. it's the one thing everyone always has to something to say about when i post my tunes up. i always think i know what i wanna do with them, but then that doesn't seem to work for people listening.

just spent half an hour putting more compression on the kick and finding a snare sample that made it more chunky but still kept the orignal cha sound i wanted, but now it seems to have thrown the whole mixdown out of whack and just turning the volume mdown doesn't do the trick. i'll get stuck into the eq's tomorrow and post when i'm happy with it

I think thats a really well put together track bud. No comments for the drums as thats an area I struggle with so far too so I'm not going to throw stones in glass houses. I see what people mean but no idea what the fix is. Other than that I think thats ace mate.

pads are ridiculously buff. deep and smooth as could be. amazing.

i cant put my finger on what about the drums needs work as they do sound really good. i think the snare has something slightly weak about it? but dont quote me on that im not 100%. anyway pads are ridiculously good.

pads are ridiculously buff. deep and smooth as could be. amazing.

i cant put my finger on what about the drums needs work as they do sound really good. i think the snare has something slightly weak about it? but dont quote me on that im not 100%. anyway pads are ridiculously good.

you just caught the updated version. thanks for listening. snare still not right though hey? i'll have another look later

to me the hats sound a lil to low in the mix, sounding like theyre way in the background.

pads are lush, as has already been said, imo the kick could be more like an icicle kick, way down into the subareas, and the sub could sound more "controlled", as to me it sometimes sounds slightly off.

good work tho! trying to get into some darker/deeper stuff aswell production wise. feeling it! ;)

I like this track, really cool mood about it. The mix sounds great but agree about the snare. Can I suggest, layer that snare with the same sample that's pitched down an octave to get a more fuller sound with it? But everything else about the track is great, keep it up!

like the pads in this one, the snare doing the hits off the beat sounds a bit distant to me tho. think the rest of the drums come together nicely tho. cool melodies too

Can I suggest, layer that snare with the same sample that's pitched down an octave to get a more fuller sound with it? But everything else about the track is great, keep it up!

i'm gonna try that, amazing how sometimes such simple solutions could be the answer to your problems

Back
Top Bottom