Tricks to isolate technics in a club environment

hyperd4eva

H&M SCARVES
VIP Junglist
Anyone got any good tricks to help keep turntables isolated in a club/dnb venue?

Been asked to bring my decks to a night iv been helping my mates promote and been asked to play. not sure on the actual set up of this yet but wondered if anyone had tips? alot of the smaller venues have people crowed round the DJ booth causing extra strain on them which results in the odd skip. obviously that along with the vibrations of the speakers.

Would putting them on my flight cases help?

concrete slabs if possible. In an ideal world titanium feet. Failing that I hear the tennis ball method is meant to be fairly good in terms of preventing skippage and such.

So having seen many people doing this is it worth keeping them in their flight cases or putting them on top? Im sure if the booth is heavy enough it will be fine anyway!

absolute worst case scenario you can go and get eight 3" sections of steel pipe cut. the gauge of the pip should be about an inch and a half wider than the feet of the technics. ask whoever cuts your sections of pipe to carve four wee notches at each end of each section of pipe at the 12, 3, 6 and 9 oclock marks.

Then for each little section, wind thick elasticated cord tightly around each one; you should have an X shape of elastic cord at each side. Now repeat that until you have four of them and place the feet of your decks over the Xs and I can absolutely guarantee you that rumble will never, ever be a problem ever again.

Employ me to ward off over enthusiastic revellers by spitting mouthfuls of wray & neph at them, whilst threatening their souls with statutory rape. :savile:

if the floor is wooden, and the decks are on a table, try setting them up on the bar instead. last resort.

tennis balls works very well if they're in flight cases, did this at a party recently and there was a bit of feedback but only really when I was putting the bass up too much. I've heard as well use concrete and just layer up loads of sheet materials with foam in between the layers.

Back
Top Bottom