Trawling Youtube

lol at this thread.

how do you record in audacity, well err u hit the record button hahah classic hours of fun to be had

:P im a big fan of searching the era, i get into my head the kinda voice, storyline (like general, where i would find the things being said that i kinda want) etc etc

so, for this tune i knew i wanted like a sample from an old romance flick so i searched for era i wanted (general sound and actors from that era) and searched 1950's romance or something along them lines.
i find year is the best cos u get the people from that era and also the sound quality (slightly muffled. old etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus youtube quality is usually pretty shite.

This settled it for me, I won't have shit sound in my tunes, sample that shit off the TV or records if you must. I go down to zia and buy some used records and look at some remixes done by underground people and sample it straight off the record

Sampling sky+ ftw! I run the audio out from my sky box into one of the line inputs on my mixer which goes into my pc then i record movies and stuff and record it back to the pc.. great sound quality and an endless amount of samples!

I download horror and action movies on HD quality, then watch the movie and write down the minutes and seconds whenever I hear something nice.
Then I'll take out the audio file from the video and start cutting the vocals/soundscapes/effects.

Oh yeah, for the guys who want to download from Youtube directly in Firefox, install the Karbon Flv Downloader, works like a charm!

Back
Top Bottom