DnB Trawler - Night Crawler

my face at 1:28
Picture%205.png

seriously man, at 1:07 I was like 'Meh , okay' and then that drop came. Made me think of Spor. That's the biggest compliment I can give you ;D

Same as ^, 1. Meh, then woah, some srs gritty sounds u got there, they seem to bounce all over the place. Also, that 1. drop is killer with the vocals and all. Great track. ;)

Intro is sounding good, think the drums could do with tweaking slightly on the mixdown, but not much. Yeah like others have said, at 1:28 it rocks! Maybe a few more shuffling hats in there to get it rolling a bit more?

Lovin that bass fella.

Thanks guys, yeah I may rewrite the intro at some point. This was actually a completely different tune that was rubbish so I sat down and butchered it and wrote a better drop, that's probably why the intro doesn't fit!

Thanks Fletch, I tried heaps of hats over that section but nothing clicked, I'll go back to it an try again.

haha nice :D great intro, works well, recon the run up to the drop could be a little thinner, the drop is fat! lovin the filthy sound

harshness going on in the top end of your bass, I think thats whats fukin ur mixdown aswell, the drums are getting lost, i'll try n give a few pointers for what i would do...

check the EQ on the bass, my guess is you have a few rouge spikes sumwhere between 180-800hz, particuly around 220-500hz, also make sure ur kick has plenty of space, check around 120hz for spikes in the bass

if you have your bass synths and sub compressed together, I think you are probly over doing it a little bit, split them up and compress seperatly, mid-range stuff can take a little more compression than the sub, it def feels like the compressor is working to hard, then route them together and add a little gentle compression before adding your sidechain in

your kick and snare should have a bit more space in the mix now, and u can probly bring them up a tiny bit if it needs

I would also reduce the stereo on at least some of the bass stabs, maybe have the stereo rolling across the phrases, so wide stereo at the start of hte phrase, rolling into mono, then back out, then in, etc

nice work tho man, its a great sound, getting those dirty bass sounds eq'd right, i've found, is quite hard to master, the top end harshness is what I had allot of problems with until a few months ago, until i changed my EQ technique, if u wana add me on aim or msn for sum ideas drop me a pm with ur username

Thanks guys

@ Miszt cool, some good points for me to look at, exactly what I need. I don't use any sidechaining on the bass, just try and eq in space for the drums to come through. Maybe I should look at that. Also I don't have a seperate sub as such, I've been trying to make big heavy all in one patches and then use frequency splitting to control things so I'll put a seperate compressor on each band and try that. Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom