Travelling

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Controller, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Controller

Controller (╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻

Im starting to plan a trip for early next year, Feb/March time probably to the far east to start with & Im sure there's a few heads on here who have been out there before. Any 'must go to' places or events to catch while im out there?

So far all I know is I want to visit Thailand & surrounding islands for a about 6 weeks then fly to Australia & NZ for another 6 weeks after.

The one place I have on my 'go to' list so far is Maya Bay. (location for the film 'The Beach')

Feel free to add any other trips you've been on here im not just after advice, I wanna hear some travelling stories too :)

2. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

try askin indi or something pretty sure they live out asia way.lol
    would love to go to that beach man
    how much all that travellin gonna set u back or are u gonna be workin an shit along the way to fund it?

3. Controller

Controller (╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻

Oh yeah, Indi our eastern brother, will get on to him.

Money wise..that's one of the things Im figuring out now so I leave enough time to save. Looking to take enough to have roughly a grand a month for food travel etc excluding flights. Plus if it's really cheap in certain places I will be able to stay there longer or treat myself to a hand shandy from a local rent boy

4. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

hand shandy from a local rent boy
    lovely!
    id love to go travellin but i doubt id like it!lol
    even travelling to england gets me all bent out of shape!:teeth:

5. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

ive been told that place from the beach is a huge disspointment.. too many tourists.. personally i'd to go chaing mai in the north. more beautiful. more culture.

also 6 weeks is no way near anouth time for nz and aus! i was in nz for 6 months and didn't see it all.

6. MAJESTIC

MAJESTIC BishBashBosh

Maya bay in on the island Koh Phi Phi, you can do an all night camping trip on the beach but cant remember how much it was. You can get to the island from Phuket for about 4pound, same goes for getting to and from all the other south islands.

Fullmoon beach party on the island Koh Phangan is a must.

Beware of the pharmacy's on the islands, they will sell ANY prescription drug you want, My mate was fucked went in and said he needed 2000 Valium as he is building orphanage in India and there where no doctors. Was pure lulz. They didnt have 2000 but gave him all they had which was about 250 odd. Uppers, downers whatever you want they will sell it to you...... hardily any of us have any recollection of what really happened on Phi Phi. But thats what Thailand is all about.

Koh San road in Bangkok is prob worth a visit but be warned its pretty much impossible to get from one end to the other without getting offered to buy something, whether it be a taxi ride, suit, tshirt dvd etc etc.

As for Aus if i was you id just get a working visa because once you've been here and seen how good it is you won't want to go back to England.

7. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

koh phi phi? i thougth that place got wiped out by the tsunami, beautiful island but more of a family place, no? thats the impression i got at least

8. MAJESTIC

MAJESTIC BishBashBosh

Yea Koh Phi Phi did get wiped out by the tsunami but is pretty much back to the same state as it was before when i was there a couple of months ago, its the smallest of the south islands from what i remember but still has a more than credible party atmosphere.

DONT expect any DnB in asia tho.... you might here the odd bits of DnB & Dubstep but to me it seemed as if the whole of Thailand had the same CD on repeat every place we went.

9. ONSLAUGHT88

ONSLAUGHT88 I sees ya I do I sees ya

Is psy-trance big an Thailand? I would love to go to a full moon party, but not a psy-trance one.

10. CRoOK

CRoOK Audio Artillery

agreed! i didnt see thailand but would definately recomend having a longer trip for oz and nz. oz is basically a lot of drinking and partying, while i found nz to be a bit more chilled out (still some crazy times though) with more activities (bungee, ski dive, snowboard etc). If you go to sydney stay in the red light district, its pretty mental and i had possibly one of the best nights ever there, the story of which probably belongs in the brool thread.

if you want to know anything else you got my number boss!

11. Gumby

Gumby New Member

i have a comfortable couch if you end up making it this far mate (y)

12. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

If you're making it to the South Island I could probably dig a basement in time (y)

Cheap too.

I was down Phuket region about 6 months after the Tsunami and fuck me, we went to the beach and there were toothbrushes and childrens' shoes and shit floating in the surf. I don't believe in ghosts but I swear there were spirits of some sort in that place, you could feel them for sure.

But yeah, the basement (y)
    Also, your money will go pretty fast in NZ/Aus if you're drinking out/eating out/ sleeping decent. That budget you mentioned would be backpacking I guess tho.

13. theone

theone Just say no to dubstep!

An absolute must in Thailand is being there for song kran, the new years festival in April. The biggest water fight you could ever have. It lasts for nearly a week and is pure madness. Getting pissed and shooting anyone you see with massive super soakers. Great fun you will never get anywhere else. I would be in Chang Mai, the main northern city for it if possible.

Full moon parties are immense. They have bars playing all music. There always used to be one bar playing good quality uk dnb. I would stay there all night and dance on the beach till the sun comes up then dance till the music stops. Have heard all the classics you could wish to hear there. Epic. So many wicked people. Don't do drugs at full moon, too many undercover police and you never know what you are taking. Get on the changs or the buckets instead if you really want to go mental.
    Don't stay in Haadrin, the main town at Phan Ngan, its full of dicks and is not particularly beautiful, just good for a party. Stay at a beach outside of the town then go into town whenever you want to lose your marbles. Thong Nai Pan is a great beach, bottle beach was always good. The place I would recommend is a beach called ban thai beach, and a resort which I would recommend is called Munchies. Its at a really chilled beach but you can party there and find anything you need close by.

Phi phi is cool and can be good fun. Maya beach is good but depends on your luck on the day. I went there with some of my best mates and some well fit Danish birds we met out there. It was just us playing volleyball in the water and no one else around. I have been there another time when other people have been there. As long as the weather is good, you will love it.

I would recommend going to Laos and a place called Vang Vien. Pure madness. You will not regret it.

Also in thailand, I would recommend Koh Lanta and Koh Samet. Both much more chilled out. Great to be there with a bird or just want to chill on a beach. Koh Lanta is good value for money.

14. MAJESTIC

MAJESTIC BishBashBosh

I was on Ko Tao for songkran was pretty epic i must admit but only lasted 3 days which in my opinion was more than enough.

I Did a bomb of MDMA cost me 800baht but was defo MDMA as i checked before i purchased. By the time we left the beach id had countless 'lucky' changs, Valiums and a few zoots, I was seriously plotting it once we got back to our resort at about 8am thought it was snowing while we were reminiscing in the hammocks. Good times.

I was pretty disappointed by Ko Lanta but like you say would be good for a chill out with the missus or something.... i just used Ko Lanta to re-charge my batteries after the maddness on Phi Phi.

15. theone

Koh Lanta is cool if you just want to chill. Some of the best weed I have smoked in Thailand was at Koh Lanta. The further down the island you go the better it gets. Proper chilled though. As Majestic said, its a great way to get over a few days of partying at phi phi.

Thing is about doing drugs at full moon is there are loads of police looking for people on something. You have every other day of your life to do whatever you like, definitely don't blaze there as that really is asking for trouble. I loved smoked joints or bongs in my hammock so why run the risk when you don't have to.

Trust me though, you will love it and have the best time of your life.

16. Controller

Controller (╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻

Speaking to the chick i might be travelling with today and will possibly give OZ & NZ a miss this time round and return back there another time with more funds & time to travel/explore.

Appreciate the offers of sofas & dungeons though :teeth: might take you up on those offers next time round :)

Sounds like I will be Thailand in time for song kran. Was considering Vietnam & Laos but I dont wanna try and do too much and spend everyday travelling from one place to another.. Is it easy enough to just land in Bangkok & then get around by local travel to and from islands?

17. theone

Yes mate it couldn't be easier getting about. Buses and trains going everywhere and is really easy to organise. Laos and Nam are immense, well worth doing. I spent years out there so if you need any help putting together an itinerary let me know.

18. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

personally i'd try and land in phuket, and travel up north going to islands on the way.

19. MAJESTIC

MAJESTIC BishBashBosh

Poor effort.

20. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Save money, buy 20 tabs of acid, dmt and 2cb then watch Blue planet b2b human planet.