Travelling with External Hard Drives.

MAJESTIC

BishBashBosh
VIP Junglist
At some point I'm going to have to return to England (Via Thailand) from Australia (BOO) and I've just thought about the two HDs (2TB & 1TB) of Films & TV series I have accumulated / Dloaded in my time travelling, Anyone know if customs have history of checking HDs & questioning where the content came from or whatever?

DeeGun

Notable Member
VIP Junglist
Heard about cameras being checked but hds..don´t think so because - not THAT easy to check and they have no suspicions, I guess..they probably want to know where you bought them and if you didn´t buy them in the UK/EU they screw you over on that one :smash:

Catsel

Well☣Known Dismember
VIP Junglist
.they probably want to know where you bought them and if you didn´t buy them in the UK/EU they screw you over on that one :smash:
they won't care. i came back with laptop and harddrives. usb sticks.

all with questionable things on.

nothing.

MAJESTIC

BishBashBosh
VIP Junglist
they dnt care. non of thier business.
Have you travelled with one mate?

if you didn´t buy them in the UK/EU they screw you over on that one :smash:
What you mean? They are both brought in oz, I normally have all my leads (Laptop charger, HD leads, phone charger etcetc) separate anyway.

Edit: lol both answered my question in your post above.

Last edited:

DeeGun

Notable Member
VIP Junglist
Not far off that amount in AUD. My 2TB HD cost me $275 alone. 1TB was $100.
You can bring in other goods worth up to £390 without having to pay tax and/or duty.

If you bring in any single item worth more than your allowance, you must pay duty and/or tax on the full item value, not just the value above the allowance. You also cannot group individual allowances together to bring in an item worth more than the limit.
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/arriving/arrivingnoneu.htm

S´all good then. I can only speak of my experience with german customs, those fuckers like to make money on the fly :teeth: