Transitioning?

Dugg Funnie

VIP Junglist
Yo, I'm working on this track that has a p. heavy KOAN Sound influence, specifically, their tune Sly Fox. My question is I've got this cool funky sounding intro but can't figure out a good way to transition into the electronic drop within about 8 bars; any tips???

Building suspense by slowly bringing in the kicks together with a riser always works usually, or tried using a lowpassed break that slowly goes into a hipassed one with a synth that starts playing faster.
Or just go crazy and go from something that sounds super relaxing into a sudden burst of insanity then into the main segment.

I'm guessing this is 140bpm-ish stuff though?

Instead of building suspense like MisterApe said above, try a breakdown and break the intro into a slower rhythm and ambience, then maybe and a slight pause (roughly 1-3 beats of a standard 4/4 beat measure) and kick off the heavy KOAN sequence with a bang or crash. (Cymbals, gun shots, or just a very large and hard sounding kick). Try all of these ways and just find the one that suits the track the best and build on it to get it where you want it to be. Hope this helps!

^MY GOD! THATS IT!

In the mentioned tune tho, there's nothing special just a riser and heavy kick with start off the bassline four times. Producers overthinking nowadays? I think tho it all lies in the sounds, all fitting and all completing eachother and used after the 'drop'. Tie a penis around your nutsack.

If there's too much contrast between the funk elements and electronic elements then I would probably try to slowly bring in some of the electronic sounds before the drop. Filter them in slowly with a low pass for example. You could run them heavily through your room reverb as well for a suggestion, then dry them up before the drop.

Back
Top Bottom