Trancy jump up Dnb Track

wouldnt really say this is jump up man more like liquid/dancefloor type
do like it tho
bass sounds nice maybe a bit muddy needs a bit of cleanin up but its got a nice sound
drums need to be brought out in the mix a bit more aswell
likin the trancy synth that comes in 2.10
overall sounding good man just some mixdown issues
good work

Cheers for the feedback much appreciated. Will have a look at trying to eq the bass a bit better and bring out the drums more.

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

Marlok, just checked out your tunes on soundcloud there's some brilliant stuff on there. Some great melodies and bass noises. Really liking times stands still, great stuff

mixdown n EQ do need allot of attention, but, great track, lots of energy, great sounds, nicely done!

mixdown n EQ do need allot of attention, but, great track, lots of energy, great sounds, nicely done!

Thanks for the reply and checking the track out. Any suggestions as to what you would do on the eq and mixdown front? I had a good listen to your tracks and everything is really well balanced with some really deep sounds going on, liking the subs :)

Maybe i'm need to try and give the sounds more space in the track?

I know its a bit of an expansive question but any advice would or sites with info on eqing and mix down would be great.

The track has been written in Reason with just the default mastering suite tweaked a little.

yeah space is the key, you should probly take a look at the EQ on the low-midrange of the bass and the mid-range of your synths, check for crossover freqz, ur mixdown n EQ aint that far off tho to be fair, maybe sum more panning on your synths wuld help, or make the FX more stereo, its all pretty central at the moment, but the bass is nice and smooth, percussion is nice and punchy, hats are a bit too low in the mix

theres a thread on mixdowns here... http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?120686-Mixdown-Tips&p=1025177

although i think u are mostly past that stage already, its all about tweeking now, and cleaning up the EQ for more space

thanks for comment about my music! much appriciated

That's great I'll check out the mixdowns thread and play around with the eq's see if I can tidy it up and define the sounds more. Out of interest what are you writing in? You've got some great sounds in your tracks. I can never get my subs to sound like yours does in sleepless it's got this sort of massive swell to it achieved with a filter? Or are you modulating it in some other way? Thanks again for the reply I've only just joined the forum and great to actually get some useful feedback on tracks from other producers.

That's great I'll check out the mixdowns thread and play around with the eq's see if I can tidy it up and define the sounds more. Out of interest what are you writing in? You've got some great sounds in your tracks. I can never get my subs to sound like yours does in sleepless it's got this sort of massive swell to it achieved with a filter? Or are you modulating it in some other way? Thanks again for the reply I've only just joined the forum and great to actually get some useful feedback on tracks from other producers.

thanks man! its Operator in Ableton, LFO low-pass filter with slow Attack on the OSC and the LFO, and SideChain compression off the kick with a slow release

yeah space is the key, you should probly take a look at the EQ on the low-midrange of the bass and the mid-range of your synths, check for crossover freqz, ur mixdown n EQ aint that far off tho to be fair, maybe sum more panning on your synths wuld help, or make the FX more stereo, its all pretty central at the moment, but the bass is nice and smooth, percussion is nice and punchy, hats are a bit too low in the mix

theres a thread on mixdowns here... http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?120686-Mixdown-Tips&p=1025177

although i think u are mostly past that stage already, its all about tweeking now, and cleaning up the EQ for more space

thanks for comment about my music! much appriciated

That a pretty useful thread John. The part about letting your ears rest is very true. On reflection i think that is one of the major issues with the track i have posted. instead of finishing the track and then going back and really listening to it and try and balance out the elements and make more space I have just posted it up and considered it 'finished' just because I have hit export audio from the daw!

Definitely going to write a track and then leave it for a couple of days and come back to it with a fresh pair of ears in future.

---------- Post added at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:07 ----------

heres a tutorial that might help explain things a little bit for you might be a little too simple, but worth a look...

http://dnbscene.com/article/88-thinking-inside-the-box-a-complete-eq-tutorial

Hi dom thanks for the post. I had a good read and it is a good analogy of how a song should be eq'd in its individual elements. Definetly worth a read just to remind yourself of how important it is to create as much space for each sound in your tracks.

Cheers mate

Back
Top Bottom