Trancestep?

Pleocoma

I'm pretty interested in this subgenre, but unforunately it seems to be pretty scarce.
Ive only been able to mark down John B and Concord Dawn as artists that apply it, would anyone happen to know of any others I should check out?

Failing that, how about some tips or methods to make the concept work?
I found out pretty fast that trance and dnb elements dont tend to get along naturally..

Lastly does any artist make anything similar to these tracks below? Unfortunately these are the only 2 tracks from Toshiyuki Kakuta that have this sort of style that I can only assume is Trancestep, If its actually of a different subgenre I'd be pleased to be informed :D
Theyre pretty busy-feeling which I could see being frowned upon perhaps, but I think in this case it serves well (after the broken engrish is out of the system :D)
These were originally made to be fit within 2 minutes on Konami's Beatmania video game series (where its simply labeled drum and bass for genre), so cant really blame the guy for having to cram stuff, take in a vocalist that doesnt quite do English lyrics, and possibly obliged to spreading his music to varying genres.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2AfUp2u7d4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPPLMNiBupE

So, I guess im in seek of DnB styles that are energetic, synthy, uplifting..dont know how else to describe these, but hopefully you heard for yourself right? ;)

Thanks for your time

Last edited:
theres a dj on myspace called subsonic he makes really trancy dnb

sunsonik, with a k. and ben sage has been known as well. also check out some old accidental heroes/sonic & silver. it's a bit more house influenced but might give you a few more ideas

i think you might be beteer off refering to it as trance and bass. trance & step aren't really two styles that go together.

thanks guys, hehe i was about to point out there were 288 results for subsonic on myspace :D
gonna get listenin, i'll check back in a bit

Great recommendations, thanks for pointing me in the right direction all!

Trance and bass eh, I went by Ishkur's (admittedly outdated looking) genre guide and I'm curious now, what does "step" actually imply?

check out muffler - uplifter for a newer tune with that synthie feel to it. also check out stuff by camo and krooked (at least some of it will apply). defo check out the snitch brothers aswell.

Agreed on Muffler, that geezer is all over this style atm. Played after him once and it was a rather clubby set, tryin to find links now :)

Back
Top Bottom