Trance n Bass

Tom500

Heard D Kay's 'Sunrise' the otherday. I'm feeling it, can anyone recommend any more good trance n bass tunes.

Whats the general feeling on this crossover, are people feeling it?

Have a listen to John B's stuff from a few years ago (Up all night, future reference + remix EP).

He did a magazine CD called Trance and Bass (shitty name).. I'd have a look at the t/l for that.

Up All Night is a totally heavy track, one of the few trancey tracks I really like because in the breakdown it goes incredibly darkside and then has a real old-skool flavour to it (reminds me of MDZ) once it drops.

I even have it on Heathmans dubplate ;o

On the whole though, it's a generally annoying genre, too repetitive - even for me - and reminds me of candy ravers too much to shake off its psytrance-like image. Techstep wipes the floor with it and then wrings it out just for fun.

Too repetitive? And your saying 'techstep' (Im assuming thats C4C/Phace-esque sort of stuff) isn't?

Trance & bass has probably been doomed to a small following within d&b from the start cos of most junglists hate for cheese.

Myself I gotta say a good trancey tune is a great way to mix up a darker set a little bit, or at the ending.

I like a little bit of cheese but goddamn stabbing synths, voices with flangers and choruses and the whole whoosh whoosh of trance makes me physically sick - except when I'm not laughing at it.

It just sounds like so much crap to me and mixing it with drum n bass is the ultimate heresy to my ears.

That being said, its a subjective thing. There are many people who think dnb is shite.

Me, though, I'll laugh at Tiesto and early John B from back here. They can laugh at my hoodie :)

Back
Top Bottom