Trance n Bass

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by PROJECT K, Jul 29, 2012.

1. PROJECT K

PROJECT K Member

Well me and Dirtymartini finished with this track. I know its going be unusual but its fun to experiment sometimes Some feedback would be cool.

2. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Please understand I mean this in the most honest way.
    Your song is awesome. All the the different elements are great. The track is beautiful.

However, you guys can't mix worth a shit. You tried shoving a ton of un-eq noises in together at high volumes and ruin your own song. Don't get me wrong I did it all the time and still fuck up mixes. The part I don't get is how do you have some music knowledge to make these awesome sounds, melody and not know the first thing about mixing?
    Any way this track could be awesome but I think you need to deconstruct the individual parts and put them back together. Remember the drums should stand out in the mix and together be somewhere around -13 db. And everything eles should fit nicely around them.
    Like I said guys it is not a bad song. Just a bad mix. Get your mix right and you will a great track.

3. PROJECT K

PROJECT K Member

thanks man! i did eq lot of the drums and bass. I think its the limiter i put on the master. cause without it it sounded really flat and dull. yea im not good at laying out the songs in different sections like the verse,breaks and all that stuff. But thanks for the feedback! now i can put that as a goal thanks bud!

4. joka89

joka89 Member

nice melodies going on man, really like the tune!....do agree with what the other guy said though can hardly hear the kick and the snare sounds very weak. Once u get the drums punchy you've got a sick tune on your hands!

5. PROJECT K

PROJECT K Member

thanks man! and yea i really need to work on my mastering xD