traktor's auto beatgrid is always 1/2 a beat out

IFTN

anyone else get this? like it always gets the tempo right but it always places the 1st cue point either half a beat after or half a beat before where it should be(this is at ~87bpm). and as far as i know there's no way to jump the beatgrid 1/2 a beat in either direction, you have to press and hold that button and it takes fucking ages?

I think I know what you mean, if you turn snap off does it still put the first cue point in the same place?

beatgrid at 175 then half the tempo with the grid controls. I have had more success with this than letting traktor analyse at 87.

If that fails then use traktors 'tap' functionality to tap out the tempo for it.

beatgrid at 175 then half the tempo with the grid controls. I have had more success with this than letting traktor analyse at 87.

If that fails then use traktors 'tap' functionality to tap out the tempo for it.

how do you get it to beatgrid it at 175? i mean as soon as i drag the song into traktor for the first time it starts analysing automatically, and gets 87

and unfrotunately tapping doesn't work, still does it half a beat out.

where you tap on the grid window, a bit left there is a x2 and a /2, which makes it double/half the tempo.
and above them are a trashcan and a grid button, if you press the rashcan then the grids get deleted, then move the thingy till where you want the grid to begin, press the button left to the trashcan et voila

i hope this makes sense

Virtual DJ does the same thing, on a lot of tunes the beat is probably about 1/4 a beat away from the marker. Hit play, monitor, and tweak till spot on :) is a good fix.

where you tap on the grid window, a bit left there is a x2 and a /2, which makes it double/half the tempo.
and above them are a trashcan and a grid button, if you press the rashcan then the grids get deleted, then move the thingy till where you want the grid to begin, press the button left to the trashcan et voila

i hope this makes sense

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! that button to the left of the trashcan was the one i was missing!! ahhhh you just saved me so much time, thank you!

how do you get it to beatgrid it at 175? i mean as soon as i drag the song into traktor for the first time it starts analysing automatically, and gets 87

and unfrotunately tapping doesn't work, still does it half a beat out.

You set your traktor to analyse the song with a specified tempo range in the preferences or when you import the track into your collection. Set the range to be maximum, 60-200 bpm, it should pick it out at 175.

this fucked me off soo much. I mean, even with tracks that have an obvious transient right at the start it still got it wrong.... but you put a house tune in; finds the first beat everytime :mad:

but yeh cele has got it. Id recommend searching youtube for some tuts on this, i learnt fucking LOADS about traktor this way. It has so many features its unreal! the load marker is a good one to learn, also mapping cue points is essential for getting the grid right as well.

and my top tip: use 87bpm range instead cos when using vinyl, its stops the counter fluctuating so much (y)

this fucked me off soo much. I mean, even with tracks that have an obvious transient right at the start it still got it wrong.... but you put a house tune in; finds the first beat everytime :mad:

but yeh cele has got it. Id recommend searching youtube for some tuts on this, i learnt fucking LOADS about traktor this way. It has so many features its unreal! the load marker is a good one to learn, also mapping cue points is essential for getting the grid right as well.

and my top tip: use 87bpm range instead cos when using vinyl, its stops the counter fluctuating so much (y)

also having it at 87bpm means jumping the maximum (32 beats) using the beatjump you get exactly a whole phrase

also having it at 87bpm means jumping the maximum (32 beats) using the beatjump you get exactly a whole phrase

Yup, I use this a fair bit actually!

Did you manage to get it analysing songs correctly? Traktor usually asks me what do do on every batch of songs I drag into my library.

Back
Top Bottom