Traktor Vinyl Control Users..

hyperd4eva

H&M SCARVES
VIP Junglist
Tried to use traktor timecode on vinyl at a club for the first time and had so many issues with the Technics, the phono's on one technic kept on saying right channel was missing and was making traktor shit itself. the tune was playing backwards and allsorts.

Is there anyway around this? I hate the thought of using this out without knowing the outcome! funny thing is I have used vinyl on these technics so many times without problems. So its almost like traktor is less reliable than playing vinyl which cancels the whole point of buying it in the first place.

I was advised to use multicore cables instead but im failing to see how this will ever make a difference, it almost seems like a complete waste of time to even bother trying to use it out if the technics you need to use have to be well serviced and have decent RCA's.

Basically the point is if it is not something that native instruments have addressed for turntable users then im selling it and getting CDJ's as it is just too unreliable and a waste of time.

I know the tone arm can play a part in this also, even needles.

very frutsrating.

Last edited:
Analogue signal can get worse without noticing it whereas the Traktor will becuase it needs to be to calibratde with the timecode, hence why if the signal isnt strong enough it won't read the deck properly and do all that weird shit. I think its a FUCKING shit system because every club will have something dodgy in the setup so when there is so many connections that have to be 100% to get it work, then that's crap.

You basically would have to keep your calibration windows open, leave the timecode spinning and keep wiggling the connections, even lick the back of the needles if shit gets desperate, until you get a decent circle.

Traktor is sick when it works but literally the biggest cunt when it doesn't. Getting ready to jump on the decks is stressful/nervous enough not having to deal with all that potential bollocks.

CDJs - End

Last edited:
How are you setting up without multi core if you don't mind me asking? I used timecoded vinyl & cd's for a couple of years a while back and used the standard multi core when doing so. Not sure how it could be done without? It has been 5-6 years since I used though so a lot could have changed.

it will be the connections between the headshell pins and the pins in the socket on the end of the tonearm. DO NOT LICK THEM TO GET THEM TO WORK! As soon as one person does that, the corrosion builds up then it becomes a catch-22 (have to lick them to make them work, which in turn makes them worse so have to lick them...). Best thing to do is buy some iso from a pharmacy, and give the little pins a lick with iso on a cotton bud. cleans shit right off, and you will be away laughing

it will be the connections between the headshell pins and the pins in the socket on the end of the tonearm. DO NOT LICK THEM TO GET THEM TO WORK! As soon as one person does that, the corrosion builds up then it becomes a catch-22 (have to lick them to make them work, which in turn makes them worse so have to lick them...). Best thing to do is buy some iso from a pharmacy, and give the little pins a lick with iso on a cotton bud. cleans shit right off, and you will be away laughing

yeah cos you're guna rock up to a club and do that before you play...? good one :teeth:

There is no way around this!

I played at a festival with the Scratch Perverts last weekend and they wanted to used traktor. One of the decks was saying right channel missing in the traktor console and it turned out that the right phono of that was fucked! They had to get another deck form another stage to get it all up and running.
If the equipment is shagged you've got no hope at all.

There is no way around this!

I played at a festival with the Scratch Perverts last weekend and they wanted to used traktor. One of the decks was saying right channel missing in the traktor console and it turned out that the right phono of that was fucked! They had to get another deck form another stage to get it all up and running.
If the equipment is shagged you've got no hope at all.

Still blaffes me how tech guys don't have a facking clue about ANYTHING! Like, who puts on a night with a broken deck, jesus!

But that's the thing.. I've played out without multicore cables and the phono cables wouldn't even stay plugged into the traktor box. So I bought the multicore cables and the connectors are better and I haven't had any problems since I've had them

But that's the thing.. I've played out without multicore cables and the phono cables wouldn't even stay plugged into the traktor box. So I bought the multicore cables and the connectors are better and I haven't had any problems since I've had them

Yeah but if the phono from the actual turntable is knackered then your facked no matter what cables you have

- - - Updated - - -

as you can all see im very passionate about this as it almost made me quit DJin the amount shit traktor gave me

Yea this is a phono issue, mine used to do it at home until I replaced them on my 1210s.

As much as I love Traktor with timecode, I don't trust it enough to play out, will stick with cdjs and the odd bit of wax until the system is foolproof.

Do multicore cables make any difference?

Audio 10 doesn't require multicore cables

Ah I was on the Audio 8 that came with standard multi core. Mostly I used with CDJ's so had minimal problems.

Maybe the birth of the pioneer deck will fix some issues?

Just my personal preference. Plus CDs and headphones is nice and compact, whip out some CDs and play. Dunno I ever stopped doing that lol

i dont know how many times i had to restart recording mixes because of that issue. so frustrating and probably one of the reasons i dont even want to play out any more

Just my personal preference. Plus CDs and headphones is nice and compact, whip out some CDs and play. Dunno I ever stopped doing that lol

To be fair I've turned up for some 60 minute sets with 2 cd's and a pair of headphones in the past. From my days of carrying 2 pro 80 records boxes the s4 is a treat. I've got a novation midi keyboard bag that fits everything in perfectly so it's just like carrying a backpack with a laptop and a few bits in.

The flexibility of having a 24 year library of music with me is what I love the most. I can drop into 96, 93, 2000's or whatever I want.

Back
Top Bottom