Traktor Timecode Vinyl Problem

Scatcat

It don't mean shit
VIP Junglist
So I got Traktor Scratch pro hooked up to my technics and mixer, al wired up right and works fine for a bit
but then one of the decks just starts fucking up.

If I turn of the deck the distortion noise continues and the input bar for channel Alights up on the mixer. It' only when I turn of the mixer that the noise stops. I have a feeling it could be an RCA cable but the problem also seems to be within Traktor as well.

When I open the timecode settings instead of the yellow circles spinning round all I get is a horizontal/vertical yellow line.

Also the tempo on the channel A changes randomly between -3/+3.

The noise kinda sounds like I'm scratching the vinyl, even when the needle is resting on the stand. but theres also a lot of bass frequencies coming through the speaker.

Any ideas or a contact number for Traktor in the UK cus all I can find is the German/American call lines - probably still can help me but might cost a bit.

This sounds like it could be a grounding problem. Ive had similar things happen to me at gigs where the booth is wired into the same power line as the rig.

With your setup, have you plugged everything into the same plug socket in your room? Also, do you have any mods to the ground wire on your techs?

its not the A/B phono thing.

The grounding thing sounds like it could hold some water though. Each piece of equipment is plugged into different sockets, no extensions are used and the earth cable from each deck is currently going to the back of the mixer. I haven't tried grounding it to the back of the Audio 4 Dj yet as I don't have long enough wires but will try this out and let you know.

Also, the earth wire on one of my technics has lost it's little clip at the end (so it's just lots of bare wire) - I have just been wrapping this round the earthing socket, is this ok to do or should I attempt to solder a clip onto the wire.

One last thing. Does it matter if earthing wires from different decks touch whilst they are connected to the earthing input on the mixer/audio4dj?

also just had another go and now Deck A doesn't trigger the track to play at all but the Audio 4 dj lights up to show that there is input, but the mixer doesn't show any input bars.

And Deck B does trigger the tracks in Traktor but all the sound s massively distorted even an low volume levels?

had the same problem on a mates deck, turned out the needle wasnt sitting in the tone arm right so traktor wasnt getting the full signal. check you needles are tightened up proper.

are you SURE you havent got your phono and line inputs messed up? Tech's to the A4 input, then each A4 output to Line In on the mixer channel.

This is something you'll find with traktor. One thing messed up and it goes a bit haywire. But the same can also be said for any DVS. I watched Andy C's trained monkeys faf about with his setup for half an hour before he got the chance to play.
LTJ Bukem was delayed by nearly an hour at fabric too due to setup problems.

Triple check your connections with a level head.

safe lads will check those things now - emailed Traktor too but those guys take weeks to reply to anything. cheers for all the responses

do you have decent needles? I was using cheap third party needles for my djs needles and the signal wasnt stong enough, needed to get the proper manufacturers ortofon ones.
that is what caused issues with my setup.

I'm having similar issues after years of using Traktor Scratch Pro2 w/ Technics 1200 then adding a Z2 mixer with M44-7 shure' snow out of nowhere there is insane amounts of distortion on Phono both with vinyl and without even after calibrations. I checked the headshell , tonearm, wires, inputs, restarted my Mac, tried actual vinyl for play back it sounds fine but Traktor reads jacked up. Scope view shows distorted circle but the balance is fine. Any ideas?

I'm having similar issues after years of using Traktor Scratch Pro2 w/ Technics 1200 then adding a Z2 mixer with M44-7 shure' snow out of nowhere there is insane amounts of distortion on Phono both with vinyl and without even after calibrations. I checked the headshell , tonearm, wires, inputs, restarted my Mac, tried actual vinyl for play back it sounds fine but Traktor reads jacked up. Scope view shows distorted circle but the balance is fine. Any ideas?

I had this and it turned out to be the original RCA cables from the technics which were the culprates . had them changed and it worked

Back
Top Bottom