Traktor / serato

Dubsta

VIP Junglist
Can some one explain the difference....i want to upgrade to a serato like set up, so i got accesss to all my entire music, want to use it for playing out and also streaming / recording from home

went to shop yesturday and serato comes in 3 versions, a 2 channel, 3 channel and 4 channel....priced from 500 - 700quid......im still none the wiser.

Then im hearing about traktor aswell.......

Help please....
thanks

SL2 - 2 channel serato is 350 and the equivalent traktor a6 is £250.

You should download the software of both and have a play around see which interface you prefer.

I use traktor and I couldn't be happier with it, it's so user friendly. Can't comment on serato as I haven't used it but I find the look of traktor a lot easier on the eye. Aside from the looks of them I believe they are both sturdy programs

I use Serato and love it, I believe Traktor has more functions and things you can do whereas Serato is quite stripped down, it depends what you want really

I got an SL3 box about 6 weeks or so ago. Love using it

As for which one... In the end it doesnt really matter. Traktor has a few more bells and whistles on it in terms of functions but you'll probably not end up using them anyway.

Try and find an SL3 on Gumtree or ebay. bought mine brand new second hand for 300 quid off a mate so you may find a bargain or two

I've been on Serato SL3 since 2009 (i think). It's great live, have never had any issues. Have recently upgraded to the new software version and the offline (not plugged into hardware) playback is buggered which is annoying and they seem to be pretty slow with a fix. In 4 years thats the only problem i've had.

For in the box mixing Traktor is better, and functionality wise Traktor probably too. If you just want to play vinyl but use mp3s i'd say Serato is your best bet.

I use both regularly - I own serato but use traktor around my mates house quite a lot and both are equally good.

I personally prefer serato, but probably because I use it more often and learnt on it first. I feel like serato is simpler and generally more sturdy in my experience, I don't think I can recall it ever crashing. Whereas a couple of times traktor has been a been a bit of dick trying to calibrate shiz. However, I'm sure some people will also had teething issues with serato so it just depends.

No right or wrong really man, both solid.

nice one guys....ok, so in the shopo the guy was telling me theres 3 versions, one with 2channels, one with 3 and one with 4.....he said if im recording id need 3 minimum, but that doesnt make sense as i record from my pc which i also stream live from.....ill be using a laptop for my tunes and the pc to stream...so id need a extra channel for the PC?

Been using Serato for the last 3 years, having used Traktor before it, as mentioned above both are excellent bits of kit. If you are wanting to record mixes etc. I would go for the SL3, but if you have another way of recording then SL2 will suffice. Another reason to go for serato is that the existing Scratch Live software will start to be phased out in the new year as DVS support is included in Serato DJ which has been overhauled and is looking seriously tight with iZotope fx amongst other things.

Now that Seraro has updated to be more like Traktor, the biggest difference is the price. I use Traktor, but if you play out a lot, Serato will give you less headaches. A lot of booths are already wired for Serato.

- - - Updated - - -

Traktor plays better with PC's from what I hear.

Back
Top Bottom