traktor scratch pro2 help :(

mistasfx

MISTA SFX
VIP Junglist
ive been youtube et but cant seem to sort this....

how the hell do i set cue points on tracks? the hot key i press does something else.

and

how do u set it up to record mixes??

noobish as fuck but plz help

thanks

ive been youtube et but cant seem to sort this....

how the hell do i set cue points on tracks? the hot key i press does something else.

and

how do u set it up to record mixes??

noobish as fuck but plz help

thanks

It's a while since I got it, so I might have my own settings loaded up. But basically go below where the track is (where it says move, cue, grid) click on cue then you can set 8 cue points for each track. The colour of the cue number corresponds to what type it is like if Cue 1 is in yellow then that means it will load the track automatically at the point. Use the grid cue option (white) for more accurate cueing.

Your keyboard numbers correspond to the cues 1> 4 on left deck and 6 > 9 right deck. Not sure what happens if using three + decks.

And most of this shit is programmable if you go into the settings, it's quite hard to get your head around, but once you've clocked on you can personalise the whole interface pretty much.

Recording mixes is a bit tricky, basically you wanna have the front of the traktor soundcard plugged into the recording output on your mixer using "Main In 1" on the soundcard.

Go into settings > Mix recorder. Set the source to external > Input deck C and choose file destination.

And in the top right of the traktor interface there's a click down menu where it says "Essential", change to extended and click record there.

Safe

Last edited:
sounds deep man.

all i wanna do is set cue points on tracks like selector / turbulence with long intros for ease of mixing. I think a quick chop up in cubase will be easiest.

Ive had traktor for a while now but i use it for just purely mixing. never used the effects or any cool gimmick it does. Ive tried the above method but still no luck.

thanks for ur help

To hotcue I literally just pause the tune/hold it at the point I want to hot cue then press either 2-5 on the keyboard if its on Deck A or 7-0 on Deck B (As 1 and 6 are automatically set to cue at the start of the tune) and thats it. Then whenever I load the tune I press the number that I pressed last time to assign the cuepoint, and it jumps straight to it.

If its not working that way it sounds like the keybindings might be messed up, if they are I feel for you because that section of traktor is a fucking ballache to understand.

RTEmagicC_20827661db.png.png

Once you have these up, click Cue and you can set 8 points

Advanced.png

I'm still struggling lads sorry.

I simply just want the track to load from a point of my choosing when I select the track.

Eg hazard - selector. Long intro I'd like to make more dj friendly by it starting with 32 bars to the drop.

Would it be easier to edit the tracks myself?

ok, in the image above your post, the one of the deck in traktor, with 'carachillo' on it. At the bottom of the image, above 4,5,6, etc. It says 'Grid'.
This is the selection list where you choose what type of cue marker youre setting, or you can change selected cue markers to a different type. From memory theres; grid, cue, loop, load.
So, in your song, make a cue marker where you want to load from, now before doing anything else change that drop down box to read; 'load', it should turn yellow.
Now when you load this song into a deck again, it will load at that cue point.

Back
Top Bottom