Traktor Scratch Pro

Hey guys can you help me out a bit, I just got TSP, and I've just set it up, but I'm having trouble with the audio in the head phones, I have a Vestax VMC 002xl Mixer, the one with the fader for the headphones aswell, I'm getting shit loads of high pitched whine from the right hand deck and can't seem to get rid of it.

I have the left hand decks earth cable connected to the ADUIO 8DJ and the left hand to the mixer, I tried putting both to the ADUIO 8DJ but that only seemed to work for about 10 seconds.. any suggestions??

Hard to tell without actually seeing gthe configuration but yeah it sounds like you just need to flip it Line instead of phono on the mixer.

I've found out the probem. The Phono/Line switch is buggered, no matter what I have plugged into the phono input, when I switch to line, I still get audio from the phono.

I definately know I am setting Traktor up correctly becuase I set it all up a friends house at the weekend, and it worked beautifully.. So I need to get some new phono/line switches for my Vestax mixer (vmc02), or get a new mixer.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of these switches? or are they a generic switch??

Deffo don't expect to be able to source them as a spare, it'd have to go through a repair shop i recon as most major companies don't deal directly with consumers. Ring around some local shops and see what they can do for ya. The repair in itself shouldn't be too hard but it'll probably be more economical to get a new mixer in the long run (y) Hope that helps.

Damn, Not many local shops where I live. I live in the sticks atm, between lincoln and grimsby. I buy all my stuff online. I'll have to have a look see if i can find any audio equipment shops.

I get your point about the new mixer though especially as the rest of my equipment is pro, I could do with a pro mixer too. always comes down to money though. Ideally I could do with the Korg Zero 4 but they are £899 new!!!!

Back
Top Bottom