Traktor Scratch Pro Vs. Virtual DJ

Traktor Scratch Pro VS. Virtual DJ

• Total voters

JoeCarlse

-ToxicExit09-
For a Beginner, would you suggest Traktor Or virtual DJ?

I already have a copy of Traktor, but im finding it kind of hard to get used too? Should i just spend more time getting used to it or is Virtual DJ easier to use?

spend more time using traktor, its complicated when you first use it but youll work your way around all its features soon enough. Virtual DJs a toy, turn up anywhere with it and you'll get the piss taken out of you.

Alright cheers man, what would you say are the main things i should learn? (sorry for all the noob questions by the way!)

Beatmatching. Once you got that down, start focusing on the EQing and transitioning so its sounds nice and the mixes flow

Alright cheers man, what would you say are the main things i should learn? (sorry for all the noob questions by the way!)

yeah beatmatching as rj said, try to stay away from the sync button, you shouldnt need to use anyway as it tells you the speed of both tunes and you can use the pitch to match them, then use the helpful yellow bar above the waveform of the tune youre bringing in to match the beats, but again try to do it by ear so you dont get fucked when you go round a mates house or whatever and realise you cant beatmatch without a program or screen to help you.

Virtual DJs a toy, turn up anywhere with it and you'll get the piss taken out of you.

VDJ gets more beef than it deserves, good bit of software if all you're after is standard mixing, particularly for a beginner.

though if you've already got traktor, use that.

spend more time using traktor, its complicated when you first use it but youll work your way around all its features soon enough. Virtual DJs a toy, turn up anywhere with it and you'll get the piss taken out of you.

Its actually a real shame VDJ is considered a toy; there's nothing missing that you can do in Traktor really, and although I use Traktor/Serato now, I actually miss VDJ's clean interface and built in key recognition

Its actually a real shame VDJ is considered a toy; there's nothing missing that you can do in Traktor really, and although I use Traktor/Serato now, I actually miss VDJ's clean interface and built in key recognition

Traktor has Key recognition too.

EDIT: no it doesnt, im a doochbag

Last edited:

I know what you mean but i guess thats how it works these days!! Ive heard people saying FL Studio isnt as good as Ableton or logic because its not as complicated! ahah!

Ah man i've kinda realised over time that im a bit of retard after a few drinks etc and mainly getting stuff wrong myself... BUT, there is deffo a few things.

Always have the calibration things up, cos i've had to hit recalibrate almost everytime from even unpluggin at home with the same cables and cds - I only found this out like 2 months ago and have been using traktor for like 2 and half years i think, im surprised it ever worked when i played out lol!

If you do that, make sure all the cables are the right way round i.e left to left blah blah and you should be ok. Also get decent phonos, crappy ones can deffo mess things up! hope that helps

Last edited:
This is the main reason I'm a bit sketchy about doing it!! I can also get myself in to a bit of a state at nights so can imaging unplugging the wrong thing or cutting the sound out compleatly!!

Cheers mate

yeh man standard! just make sure you start setting up 15 minutes before your set, incase something goes wrong lol .. I used to go to the club before doors and set up most times, then its only switching a few cables if your box is already there. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom