Traktor scratch issues with timecoded vinyl.

hyperd4eva

H&M SCARVES
VIP Junglist
Hi All, me again! Having some issues with my traktor software and using the timecoded vinyl. basically I had a go on one of my mates and it was extremely similar to mixing normal vinyl, however on mine it seems really skippy and the pitch doesn't seem to be very responsive at all. When I put the pitch down all the way to - 6 or whatever it is on my technics the song playing doesn't slow down as much as you would expect - infact it sounds more or less normal (maybe a little slower). The only thing I can think is that both decks are set to 33 rpm at the moment. ? also when I use my gains on each channel on my mixer, if I turn them right down the music carried on playing. any suggestions?

Sounds like you have Key Lock on, therefore retaining the zero pitch whereever the slider is.

The gain thing could be cos you're using Internal Mixing mode, maybe.,..

Sounds like you have Key Lock on, therefore retaining the zero pitch whereever the slider is.

The gain thing could be cos you're using Internal Mixing mode, maybe.,..
thing is it does change the speed slightly just not how much you would expect it too. its either that or its different to cinyl and I just gotta get used to it, almost start learning again!

There is a tickbox option in Settings > Timecode Setup to set turntable speed to 45rpm.

Not sure about the gain thing, the volume does still change though if you fiddle with the gain right? So maybe change traktors master gain? Dunno :-/

i trust you are getting a good signal between the stylus and the timecode? looks like a spinning orange circle in the programme.

I the tracks are not sync'ed either right?

thing is it does change the speed slightly just not how much you would expect it too. its either that or its different to cinyl and I just gotta get used to it, almost start learning again!

You might be talking about the latency on the pitch through Traktor which I found difficult to get used to initially. Think there is an internal setting to adjust the latency in the settings to make it more "realistic"

Is it worth using when playing out? Im always room 2 so its limited space/old equipment. Sometimes i think you cant go wrong with vinyl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Save yourself a headache man and burn CDs. It's taken me like 20 sets + to get comfortable usin it out and it still doesn't work all the time. Club setups are all different, unless you just play volks mainly still?

Back
Top Bottom