Traktor Scratch Issues (tracks keep jumping)

Tundra

Raggo
VIP Junglist
Been having issues with Traktor since day one, looked on the NI website for help, looked on the forum and even googled it but still have the same problem no matter what I do. When mixing in traktor the tracks keep changing pace and skipping forward, not a problem with my turntables as mixing vinyl still fine, anyone else had this issue and anyone out there know how to fix it?

I had a couple of issues playing out recently, what needles do you use? I got concordes and the connectors are absolute shite the sound engineer told me. I'll explain better later with pics and pie charts and shit

there's your problem

...and there's your solution :)

okay, jokes aside - yes i've had problems like these. reinstall? also maybe your pc can't handle traktor - is it powerful enough? also, try searching buffer settings or whatever and change them and see what happens.

Haha wish could stick to vinyl but pretty much all my new jump up on hard drive, deep and dark stuff always on vinyl though:cool: will definitly give this a go, thanks for the advice man

- - - Updated - - -

I had a couple of issues playing out recently, what needles do you use? I got concordes and the connectors are absolute shite the sound engineer told me. I'll explain better later with pics and pie charts and shit

Need them pie charts haha, got some fresh shure whitelabels recently so don't think thats the problem, how did your set go last friday mate?

I use traktor too, absolutely nothing wrong with it compared to serato , traktor seems to be aimed more at producers djing where as serato is aimed at Djs who don't produce. Also traktor is a lot more sensitive to minor turntable issues than vinyl is as vinyl will ignore minor fault errors where as traktor picks them up and starts skipping. First thing mate download and try dpclat and run it while your mixing. It will tell you if your pc is struggling to keep up with the latency anything apart from a green bar chart means your laptop is struggling performance wise. Traktor is a lot more sensitive to needles as I said above. I actually narrowed down an issue where when I had 2 cables coming out the sound card too close together it was making the tracks skip(if I stopped the vinyl on the deck I could see it wasn't detecting silence on the graph it was producing some noise and leading to minor skipping)took me days to narrow down the issue . Moving them further apart resolved he issue . ( try to avoid a spaghetti junction of wires and route them around neatly)

- - - Updated - - -

Also just to add, the guy i bought my 1210s off had re wired the headshells with the wrong wires. It actually worked perfectly with vinyl, I called him up and he was like oh yea actually now you mention it I think i wired them wrong cos a cable come off and i just stick it back in a random place it seemed to work ok, after a bit of butchery I fixed it but I still need new shells at some point... worked with vinyl but with traktor it was fked. (vdj actually dealt with it as you could inverse and specify setting more accurately, but anyway what i'm saying is if your vinyls work fine It doesnt mean there is nothing wrong with your turntables as traktor is more sensitive to issues.

Side note personally I think Traktor is more advanced as a tool then Serato, serato has just gained market share for simplicity for djs as DVS, much more advanced stuff in traktor for producers, Although I don't use it to its full capacity I switch the BPM counters off etc from the menu. Only got it cos it was cheaper.

Last edited:
I use traktor too, absolutely nothing wrong with it compared to serato , traktor seems to be aimed more at producers djing where as serato is aimed at Djs who don't produce. Also traktor is a lot more sensitive to minor turntable issues than vinyl is as vinyl will ignore minor fault errors where as traktor picks them up and starts skipping. First thing mate download and try dpclat and run it while your mixing. It will tell you if your pc is struggling to keep up with the latency anything apart from a green bar chart means your laptop is struggling performance wise. Traktor is a lot more sensitive to needles as I said above. I actually narrowed down an issue where when I had 2 cables coming out the sound card too close together it was making the tracks skip(if I stopped the vinyl on the deck I could see it wasn't detecting silence on the graph it was producing some noise and leading to minor skipping)took me days to narrow down the issue . Moving them further apart resolved he issue . ( try to avoid a spaghetti junction of wires and route them around neatly)

- - - Updated - - -

Also just to add, the guy i bought my 1210s off had re wired the headshells with the wrong wires. It actually worked perfectly with vinyl, I called him up and he was like oh yea actually now you mention it I think i wired them wrong cos a cable come off and i just stick it back in a random place it seemed to work ok, after a bit of butchery I fixed it but I still need new shells at some point... worked with vinyl but with traktor it was fked. (vdj actually dealt with it as you could inverse and specify setting more accurately, but anyway what i'm saying is if your vinyls work fine It doesnt mean there is nothing wrong with your turntables as traktor is more sensitive to issues.

Side note personally I think Traktor is more advanced as a tool then Serato, serato has just gained market share for simplicity for djs as DVS, much more advanced stuff in traktor for producers, Although I don't use it to its full capacity I switch the BPM counters off etc from the menu. Only got it cos it was cheaper.

Cheers for the advice mate will check this out, my wires are all over the shop so that might be the problem

I use traktor too, absolutely nothing wrong with it compared to serato , traktor seems to be aimed more at producers djing where as serato is aimed at Djs who don't produce.

What makes you think that?

There are plenty of producers who use serato..

Rockwell
Netsky
Marky
SPY

ect...

- - - Updated - - -

Been having issues with Traktor since day one, looked on the NI website for help, looked on the forum and even googled it but still have the same problem no matter what I do. When mixing in traktor the tracks keep changing pace and skipping forward, not a problem with my turntables as mixing vinyl still fine, anyone else had this issue and anyone out there know how to fix it?

Try checking the connection between the audio card and the leads which connect to the deck, try also cleaning the carts, and give the connectors on it a lick to clean them

Possibly also, are you using a 3rd party stylus?

Try getting the one wich was designed for your cart. The ones I have used in the past gave a poor signal and effected playback

Hope this helps you maybe

What makes you think that?

There are plenty of producers who use serato..

Rockwell
Netsky
Marky
SPY

ect...

- - - Updated - - -

Try checking the connection between the audio card and the leads which connect to the deck, try also cleaning the carts, and give the connectors on it a lick to clean them

Possibly also, are you using a 3rd party stylus?

Try getting the one wich was designed for your cart. The ones I have used in the past gave a poor signal and effected playback

Hope this helps you maybe

Do NOT lick the connectors! Use a 2p or something to rub it clean. Licking it will make it worse in the long run

won't be licking the connectors but will check it out, thanks for the advice people and hopefully can get this shit sorted out soon

grab a fiberglass pen: http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/fibreglass-pen

I use it to clean contacts, specifically on headshells but its good for anything really.
Its resurrected more decks than I care to mention live at gigs, under pressure and traktors being a little cunt.
Get one, keep it in your gig bag.

Will definitly have to get one of these.

Thanks for the advice people finally got it working properly again last night, not to sure what the problem was as I completely re-done all the connections, optimized my whole computer to sort that out and changed a few settings in traktor and now everything is ok (for now)

Back
Top Bottom