Traktor - Live Input/ Thru Deck - Playing vinyl through traktor volume issues

Agent Smith

Currently Putins Koala
VIP Junglist
My best mate bought Traktor...we've always mixed on vinyl between us so its relatively new to us both.

Anyway we are trying to do a Traktor Vs Vinyl mix. However the live input for mixing vinyl through Traktor is so fucking quiet its starting to grate at me.

I then played Dbridge - On Your Mind - which is on a 7" record.
It was safe to say that after I turned the gain to full it still needed more volume. Then i'm turning up the EQ's and all in all it just makes my life a heck of a lot more difficult. Some dubplates I have cut (which are quiet anyway) also suffered the same fate as well as some 10" records I have.

So Traktor heads? Someone must have a way around this?
I can't get my head round the fact it is quieter than what he is playing out of his mac and its making this mix difficult to record without it sounding off in places.

SOMEONE HELP ME!

thats odd.
with my serato its the other way round but not so quiet its a problem.
the vinyl is louder than the digital signal.

i dont know why its doing it, personally i would disconnect it, read the manual and set it up again.

thats odd.
with my serato its the other way round but not so quiet its a problem.
the vinyl is louder than the digital signal.

Which is what I thought would be the case with Traktor...I've seen it first hand on Serato so was a bit surprised it was the other way round.

I tried looking for internal settings for volumes/gains for live input but couldn't find them myself...was getting rather impatient by this stage and unplugged his traktor and plugged my decks back into phono.

big up teds. I hate all this digital shit, just want it to work no dramas!

get a few phono Y splitters, plug your decks into both your phono in on the mixer and the sound card. Now when you flip to phono, play vinyl. line will be traktor.

Back
Top Bottom