Traktor Beatgridding Issues...

JSDNB

I'm using a demo version to experience what's like mixing with it but I can't solve my beatgridding issues...

I'm just trying to set things up for two tracks (Break ft. Die - Slow Down /// Loadstar - Link To The Past) with I know have same bpm (174) but I can't do it. Metronome goes always offtime.

Any dumb-proof tutorial on this, please?

Last edited:
easiest way of doing it is to go to where your beat stuff is kept (under the deck in 'grid' section) and then click the 'tap' button. click it 4 times in time with the music, from that basic count it calculates the real bpm and is almost always right.

Safe

ignore the counters, metronome and visual feedback, just use your ears and adjust the pitch it as it needs

Bit pointless telling him that. hes using the demo traktor probably with just his laptop, obviously he knows nothing about DJing so spare him the crap about 'real DJing'. Djs including me are always bastards about shit like this. (I do beat match btw :teeth: )

Bit pointless telling him that. hes using the demo traktor probably with just his laptop, obviously he knows nothing about DJing so spare him the crap about 'real DJing'. Djs including me are always bastards about shit like this. (I do beat match btw :teeth: )

its more to do with the fact that computers are shit beatmatchers, but our ears n brains are awsome at it

its more to do with the fact that computers are shit beatmatchers, but our ears n brains are awsome at it

Nah man, beatmatching is very formulaic. You repeat the same processes over and over again to match beats. If given the right information computers are very good at beatmatching. If you want to rely on it, you have to be very diligent with the beatgrid setup process, every tunes needs a perfect grid.
Its true to say Traktor is pretty shit at detecting bpm's and gridding dnb, but once corrected with the human touch, is very accurate.

That being said, its 100x more rewarding when you beat match manually, without aids.

Nah man, beatmatching is very formulaic. You repeat the same processes over and over again to match beats. If given the right information computers are very good at beatmatching. If you want to rely on it, you have to be very diligent with the beatgrid setup process, every tunes needs a perfect grid.
Its true to say Traktor is pretty shit at detecting bpm's and gridding dnb, but once corrected with the human touch, is very accurate.

That being said, its 100x more rewarding when you beat match manually, without aids.

computer doesnt do any beatmatching, it just plays the track at the speed and timecode you tell it to, wether you do it on the fly (pitch-control) or in advance (prepitch/warp)

you can tell the computer to attempt to figure out the speed to play the track at (ie pre-pitch/auto-warp) but I have yet to see a single program that can do it properly

computer doesnt do any beatmatching, it just plays the track at the speed and timecode you tell it to, wether you do it on the fly (pitch-control) or in advance (prepitch/warp)

you can tell the computer to attempt to figure out the speed to play the track at (ie pre-pitch/auto-warp) but I have yet to see a single program that can do it properly

I guess youve never used traktors sync feature then? It doesnt require pre-warping but it does require beatgridding. It matches the cued tracks bpm to the master tracks bpm, exactly how you'd do it with the pitch control but with the press of a button. The speed of the timecode via the pitch fader and the speed of the track are not hardwired together, the link can be adjusted/broken at will.

As ive stated before, if you perfectly grid your tracks, they will sync perfectly.

I guess youve never used traktors sync feature then? It doesnt require pre-warping but it does require beatgridding. It matches the cued tracks bpm to the master tracks bpm, exactly how you'd do it with the pitch control but with the press of a button. The speed of the timecode via the pitch fader and the speed of the track are not hardwired together, the link can be adjusted/broken at will.

As ive stated before, if you perfectly grid your tracks, they will sync perfectly.

beatgrid = warp

Back
Top Bottom