Traktor Audio 6

alexanthony

Impact (Engage Audio)
Eazy people,

So finally, i have got rid of my cdjs and bought me some technics :)

I am also going to buy a table for them off decks.co.uk and a laptop stand, so far so good

my friend at uni has recently done the reverse of me and bought himself some cdjs so hes selling me his traktor audio, all wires and time-coded vinyl 6 for £140 which is not tooo bad

my question is, can i use the software it comes with.. traktor duo i think again? is it any good? should i just try and get my hands of scratch pro 2 before i get iy off him when i get back to uni monday?

Safe!

You just need to update your version of traktor through the NI service centre and you will have a copy of the most up to date version of traktor, which i use and its excelent. You will need to register the hardware first tho...

all you need to do is make sure you setup an account with native instruments. Register the audio6 & traktor in your name on NI service centre. it will probs ask for an authorisation code due to it already being registered by your mate but no biggie, ive got my version installed on 4 seperate systems and never had a problem.

You can even download the demo version from the website, then register it and it will update to full version.

thank you bro! thing is, i have a CDJ left so i would love to connect that but is it possible with the traktor duo or whatever?

You'd need an audio 8 or 10 to be able to connect more than 2 decks to traktor at a time im affraid. Just do what i do and use 2x1210s with traktor and then the cdj running thru a seperate channel on the mixer. still 3 decks but you'll just have to use cds for cdj rather than traktor :) hope that all helps mate

yeah thats fine.. have so many cds so will just hold on to them. Thanks alot for your help mate. Cant wait to get the technics running :jackson:

having real issues setting this up! have managed to misplace the CD that came with the software. So i got my hands of Traktor pro 2 anyway.. However my computer refuses to acknowledge the audio 6. Is it vital i find the original CD or am i missing something else here? thanks

NI Service Center should provide you with the necessary driver components for Audio 6. Login and see what updates are available. You should be set after that.

You also mentioned you have Traktor Pro 2. Do you have the scratch upgrade? That's required in order to use your timecoded vinyl I'm afraid.

NI Service Center should provide you with the necessary driver components for Audio 6. Login and see what updates are available. You should be set after that.

You also mentioned you have Traktor Pro 2. Do you have the scratch upgrade? That's required in order to use your timecoded vinyl I'm afraid.

This.

Back when i was trying to get my iscratch mixlive working with traktor it took me ages to realise i was using the wrong version =P.

Ended up buying serato anyway. Jus' sayin' ;D

have got my hands on traktor scratch but its an older version so my audio 6 isnt an option on set up. Still in does recognize it but still no luck :/

have got my hands on traktor scratch but its an older version so my audio 6 isnt an option on set up. Still in does recognize it but still no luck :/

Go buy yourself a kontrol X1, aside from being the best and only controller you'll ever need, they all now ship with a full licensed copy of traktor pro 2.5. Look at the upgrade paths to traktor scratch from TSP, see if its a viable upgrade.

Got mine a few days ago. What's the hook for? More thought-provoking questions to come...

The hook is for wrapping your usb cable around so some douche cant come and rip it out ;)

Go buy yourself a kontrol X1, aside from being the best and only controller you'll ever need, they all now ship with a full licensed copy of traktor pro 2.5. Look at the upgrade paths to traktor scratch from TSP, see if its a viable upgrade.

The hook is for wrapping your usb cable around so some douche cant come and rip it out ;)

the hook is now in use ;)

Back
Top Bottom