Track for track clash

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by DJ-ERB, Jan 6, 2012.

1. DJ-ERB

DJ-ERB New Member

Hi guys,

I'm djing tomorrow in Cardiff for my 4th time, im going head to head with someone and have to mix for 20 mins then go track for track in a clash.
    I understand the general idea of, the better track/the more the crowd go off, was just wondering if there were any specific rules/etiquette for this sort of thing
    eg - should i be mixing tracks in or will i just be playing one track then him, should i play the whole intro, when do i cut the other guys track out etc.

also any tunes youd recommend would be wicked ! thanks :)

2. ONSLAUGHT88

ONSLAUGHT88 I sees ya I do I sees ya

Not really too sure man, personally I'd mix my tune into his, ideally double dropping that shit, but I've never really had a soundclash so to speak, let him go first and maybe see what he does?

3. DJ-ERB

DJ-ERB New Member

Yeah I was thinking the same. I've only been DJing for a year so I could try double dropping shit with his tune, but i'll just spin his out if it doesn't work. Atm i've got Baron's rmx of nosher and ebony dusters - ra in my sack for it!
    Thanks mate

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

And yeah I was going to say I can't find like any examples or videos on the net of clashes for some reason! bad times

4. WhoSayReload?

WhoSayReload? Well-Known Member

Play the same tune as him.

5. hazdaman100

hazdaman100 Bum 'n Face

google red bull metalheadz soundclash, it might give you an idea. It was from a soundclash with the metalheadz crew and Andy C vs Skream and Bega amongst others