Track called "zombie destroyer" (needs reviews)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by MC_Abyss, Nov 25, 2012.

1. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

Here is my newest song I just finished this morning. Any compliments negative or positive are needed, just let me know what you think. Its a kind of eery track I need to get out of this production funk. Lol injoy:)

2. djSing

djSing Ill-usions

Some cool ideas here.. the mixdown could use some work.. the kick and the snare aint really punching through, and they sound like the need to be fatter for a track like this. I think the main synth needs more variation too.. it quickly goes a bit stale... try automating it some more, volume, filter cutoff, pan..

Keep at it

3. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

Ok ill keep at it, can u explain how u would add more vibrations to the main synth? I'm still working on making the synth make the sounds I want. U know? A little bit of guidence for creating sweet sounds would be great.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  4. djSing

djSing Ill-usions

To add more variation (not vibration).. I guess you could try processing it further, try some unison to give it more depth, maybe add a little more distortion to get it a bit grittier. As for automation, try changing it up at the end of say every 16 bars, go mad with some lfos controlling the volume, pan, filter frequencies... the more creeative you are with what you decide to control with LFO's or envelopes, will usually end up with interesting results.

I'd also try changing the notes or the durations, at the moment I count 4 very long sustained notes, which then repeats.. try switch it up a bit every so often. As for the acctual sound of the synth, im not really an expert on that kinda thing... im still learning how to get the basis for a sweet sounding synth

The stuff you got goin on in the background like the trancey stab, those work well.. you could apply the same techniques as above to try make those sound even better too

5. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

Ok, ill work on adding sone more variation. Thanks for some idea's djsing:), Ill use them wisley, and show you the finnal result as soon as applyed. Thanks for taking the time to wright back its cool.

Peace!

6. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

Here is the new revised version of this song I brought out the upper harmonics, redesigned my wobble bass in the song, and at the moment I am wrighting lyrics to make this a vocal track as well

7. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Just have fun and do what you can with the speakers. You don't need awesome monitors to get an ok mix. However, I am sure it will help. Keep making tracks man.