Tower Block Dreams: AN insight Into Pirate Radio

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Radius, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

2. Bad Ace

Bad Ace Close2Death

ive watched these b4....the bloke in charge is a bloody nutter!

3. Radius

Yep he does seem a bit angry, have to admit I really enjoyed watching him get annoyed.
    Funny that most people who run radio station sseem to be right stress heads. Probably cos they have to deal with 20-30 muppets who leave a load of shit in the studio and never pay their subs on time, yet when it comes to keeping the station running the same twats are too busy ....:finger2:

Oh and people like Killer keep coming round taking them off air....only time he really seemd happy in the whole thing.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  4. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

I've only seen the 1st section of that, cos I've got the wrong browser...

But. I wonder about Pirate radio, cos it's free, legal an ez to do an internet radio station (and you probably get more listeners), yet, costly, illegal and very hard to do a Pirate...

So, is it the broadcasting the music or the rush of the illegal act that appeals to the people who do it?

5. Radius

Once a radio sation is established it blatantly gets laods more listeners...I'v ehad up to 9-10 texts per minute on a good day..so lets call that 8, and l;ets say taht 1 in ten people text, that would be 60 x8 texts..480 times ten....so lets say 500 people...and that is a guestimate, sometime s it will be far far more...I have had days when I was driving around, and every second car was playing our station... But you're right yo ujust don't get teh same vibe on an internet station....

6. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Yeah, I gues I don't really know how many listeners they get...

Where I live now doesn't really pick many up, which also makes me less aware.

I have enjoyed listenin to a few over the yrs, as long as receptions ok, and they don't do the solid 1/2 hr block of adverts...Just when you're getting into some music!