TOV RIP

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by sine-tek, Feb 7, 2007.

1. sine-tek

sine-tek 100% MC Free

Quotes from DJ kane's Blog -

TOV MUSIC (i.e T.O.V - Renegade - Hardware - Barcode etc) Have gone into liquidation (and I don't mean they have started a new liquid label!)

I would just like to add that my motive behind postin this blog was/is not bad minded, although I have been on the receiving end of endless persecution from Mr Hines and his so called Record Company.

My true Motive was/is to highlight the abysmal management of a label which is respected by many dnb lovers and industry heads (It's the buisness' practices i am questioning). Believe me when I say there are countless artists who have had the Konflict experience in one way or another who may not feel that thet have the voice to stand up for whats right.

I totally understand that most of you will only be concerned with the fact that the label has gone down and that you wont be able to get this, that, or the other release. I am even kinda puttin my neck on the line by being so openly critical of a brand that many have come to love, but enough is enough! Rest assured, the label intend to continue (what a suprise) in SOME form or another and new catalogue no: h.ware 001 is set for release thru an unamed distribution company on a P&D deal...!! So I ask....Where does that leave all of the artists who are out of pocket and the other buisness who may even have to shut up shop...?!?

Surely the health of our scene depends on GOOD buisness practise especially by a company in their position.

Love DnB..?

Love T.O.V Music...?

Lastly I just wanna point out two facts:

I am yet to receive my royalties from Quantum Mechanics released in 98 (the last project I was involved in @ tov/hardware) not to mention back catalogue sales licenses etc.

The liquidators in their assessment of the case so far have a list of overwhelming creditors, BUT,

IT DOES NOT INCLUDE ONE SINGLE ARTIST.

THINK ABOUT THAT!

Shouts out to: Shogun, Dj Red, Genotype, Future Forces,Konflict, Dj Reality and ALL the other artists that SUFFERED over the years!

COS ITS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC!
    KAne

PRETTY FUCKED UP INNIT!

I cant believe this is true, they were true pioneers of the dnb scene! and i have very very fond memories of getting mash up in both the end and the coronet. so my next set (17th March in Sheffield) is gonna be a Hardware RIP set!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  2. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

i heard different stuff .. not sure TOV is going under completetly to be honest...

from a trusted source...

"I spent the day with Clayton and Ink yesterday and TOV is DEFINATELY not in administration, nor heading that way.
    There just reorganising.

Got some sickness still coming; The Horsemen thing, the Above The Game album....

Big up Clayton."

cant really see hardware going under!

3. Mezzures

Mezzures Remember tha Future

I hope they dont go under...
    that would suck indeed.

4. sine-tek

sine-tek 100% MC Free

I did think that it was strange that they would go under especially as they own such a huge back catalogue of tunes and the fact that their nights were heavily attended. I'm certainly glad that there not going under cus some of the finest pieces of dnb history have been released on that label. I just posted it as nobody had mentioned it here and it was heavily discussed on dubstep forum.

5. mesh

mesh Active Member

http://www.myspace.com/djkane75

this attachment is a screenshot from British Companies, posted on DOA originally. Of course there are ways to get around this kind of thing, which may already be being looked at.

More info needed I think ... much more to come.

Attached Files:

• tov.jpg
      tov.jpg
      File size:
      29.3 KB
      Views:
  6. sine-tek

sine-tek 100% MC Free

Long Live TOV!!!!

As TOV is not going under (y) i wonder what are peoples favourite TOV tracks

Mine would have to be -

Genotype - Extra Terrestrial (Dom & Roland RMX)
    Spirit - Sphynx
    Friction & Nu Balance - Final Judgement (Dom & Roland RMX)
    Konflict - Messiah
    Raiden - Fallin
    Tech Itch - Soul Snatcher
    Evol Intent - Call to Arms
    Spor - Dante's Inferno
    Unknown Error - Shadows
    Future Cut - Ghetto Style
    +Evol Intent RMX
    Keaton & Hive - The Plague
    +Trace RMX

7. mesh

mesh Active Member

I've merged these threads because its crazy to have two threads on the same topic, especially when they contradict each other.

Also, can you please source what you just posted ? Want information not speculation. thanks. We dont all read the other forums so please keep it in context.

edit - trawling a monster DOA thread reveals this gem

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  8. 1992

1992 Novantadue

Hey thats right. I remember getting a Genotype RH record for free when Concept Records was still around. The story was something like Genotype wanted the store to give the records to give out for free because RH had stiffed him. It wasn't a very good record but I can't complain as the price was right.

From 2000-2003 RH was one of my favorite labels. They released many nice 1993 darkcore flashback style tracks which I really liked. Unfortunatly some of them were complete rip offs where the entire original loop was ripped. Still, enjoyable and I'm glad I have such a nice collection from that time frame.

9. Bad Ace

Bad Ace Close2Death

R.I.P tov BUT u wont b dissapointed in whats to come ;)

10. sine-tek

sine-tek 100% MC Free

I got this link from dubsepforum yesterday

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...&MyToken=5b55d70b-920d-45ba-8a9b-e4d268a4ff01

would love some clarification on the matter it is DJ Kane's blog and he is associated with TOV so there must be some elements of truth in what he is saying.

11. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

my oppinion:

Kane is pissed cuz there is no hope of him ever getting paid for the releases & represses etc...
    Same thing happened with Headz in the early days.
    Goldie couldnt pay artists....This is why you dont see a Platinum Breaks repress or the preadetor etc..both would sell massive units...but he neglected to compensate...being a corporate greed monster.
    And as of late...thats how hardware/tov has been.
    example...i spoke to giganotr Evol Intent when they first got signed. And he told me that if he was to give out E.I. dubs slated for RH...he would by liable to coppyright infringment??
    thats not Dnb

ohh and best releses

Konflikt Road Block
    Absolute Zero & Subphonics The Code
    Killa Bees

FTW

12. skeez

skeez Nuke 'em all !

Trouble on Vinyl liquided ?
    Can't be ...

13. mesh

mesh Active Member

I know what you mean, but sounds exactly like the dnb I know tbh. I think Clayton's comment was basically saying, 'yeah its technically folded, but business as usual in reality, move on, nothing to see here'

14. Flatmatt

Flatmatt Member

Gutting, absolutely gutting.....

15. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

What do you know that we dont badman? :oscar:

16. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

what was that knowledge disc with loxy and mc 2shy,
    had a bunch of amazing tunes on there, future cuts ghetto style and a heap of other big numbers.
    i need the tracklisting for that disc, anyone got the hookup on that?

17. xen

xen ...innit

Ffs, sounds like Clayton is just technically liquidating to avoiding royalty payments - that's not fucking on in my books.

Respect is what this scene is all about, and this is the latest in a string of bad things I've heard about RH and TOV's treatment of its artists. I'm amazed they still have as many artists onboard as they do.

18. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

im assuming yur talking to mwahh
    they dont have many artists at all...and the artists they do have (that arent OG, Loxy, Ink etc..) Are just happy to have exposure on such a well known lable. Looks like the jokes on them:oscar:

19. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

That's some really messed up news I'm not sure I want to believe it as RH has been one of my favourite labels for alongtime.
    It saddens me that a label of this size would deprive the artists who really have given them the name, it's anoter dampener on a scence which is spiralling down into it's own shit at the moment hence the reason why I haven't been involved in it for a while.
    I really hope it sorts itself out ASAP

20. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

Yep, I think the guy don't even really like D&B that much anymore he just wants to make as much cash as possible and then cut loose. Anyone notice allmost every release on RH in the last few years has been an EP :|