total reason beginner question

EvezDroppin

VIP Junglist
right theres bound to be a simple answer for this but in reason at the mo im tryin to create some nice soundin drums, im usin the redrum drummin machine and have some nice drums comin though except the only problem is is when i copy the pattern into the track they lack the same impact and depth.
any help much appreciated!!!!!
also, can anyone point in the direction of a good midi keyboard?
thanks

erm i dont use reason. so i dunno how it works, but check the output is good quality, and mayby the channel volume is lower? check these things. i have no idea tho as i have never used it haha im a fruity loops man.

and whats ur price range? for cheap but good quality midi key boards check out the brand m-audio.

i think this mite be the problem.

when u copy the pattern to track and play, u need to make sure that 'enable pattern selection' and the one next to it above the 'run' button on the redrum is NOT checked.

if it is checked, it means you are playing one drum pattern thru the redrum interface, and one through the piano roll on the sequencer, this usually results in the drums sounding nasty

let me kno if that helps

yea turn off the redrum enable pattern section otherwise they phase

Dont use a redrum, that would be the best start

you will want totaly control over each seperate element

just lay each kick snare etc sample in a NN19 dude, make ur life easier

this, as u have more control over each sound, u are better of eq'in (and other processing like compression and fx) each sound individually much easier to wire ur instruments up in reason like this

NNXT is also an option ;)

Dont use a redrum, that would be the best start

you will want totaly control over each seperate element

you can have control over each part if you flip it round with the TAB button and route every track from the redrum into a track on the mixer - sorted.

you can have control over each part if you flip it round with the TAB button and route every track from the redrum into a track on the mixer - sorted.

This is what I was going to suggest.

What I first did is wire each channel on Redrum to it's own combinator unit made up of eg, reverb, distorion, phaser etc, then side chain compress each channel (so you will need to mixers at the top) and save this as a Drum Patten Template.

The make all my drum patterns in there and export them as samples in to Recycle and then run that sample in the song window through Dr Rex. Doing the same for any fills or whatever.

Then I use NNXT/NN19 for anything that is less than a bar long.

I find it easier seqencing/arranging this way.

-------------------------------------

I find it useful to set up all my different parts like this, so you don't have to spend ages wiring things up all the time.

Back
Top Bottom