Total Noob

DoctorRocktopus

The kick with legs.
Howdy. I've been into DnB for a while now, i listen to alot of sigma, netsky, sub focus, nero, etc... I'm from toronto. I've produced hiphop in the past and even trance using FL Studio, but i've moved on from there and i'm looking to step into DnB production. Just need to know what sort of computer software is best for producing this stuff? keeping in mind i don't really have a synth or anything. So what i'm looking for, basically, is what software to i need to get my hands on, and where can i get me some good samples and basses?

well first off all these questions could be answered by yourself with the smallest amount of research, but i'll answer anyway

DAW's - music making things - use whatever one you like the best, end of discussion, there is no ''best'', try them all out they all have trial versions. ableton, logic, reason, cubase, reaper and more! google them!

samples - get millions and millions of them free on the net, try google! there are sites dedicated to free samples, if you want a certain genre professional mastered to a high standard, then go to loopmasters.com and buy some packs, as one example of a good sample selling site.

synths are usually built in, if you're beginning, you honestly dont need vsts (third party synths and fxs) but you can find hundreds of free ones, and also purchase them by googling! popular paid synths include - Massive, FM8, Absynth, Albino, Zeta - the list goes on, most of these have trials available.

to sum up - Google.

If you still have FL Studio then thats all you need to produce drum and bass. Click my soundcloud link in my sig and listen to the three tracks on there, all were made using FL 8

No offence but if you have think about it your not total to this are you?

If you had never done any sort of production then yes I'd agree... and as has been said use FL if your comfortable using it.. why change DAW just for the sake of it?

Anyhow good luck, I needed it and still do...

well first off all these questions could be answered by yourself with the smallest amount of research, but i'll answer anyway

DAW's - music making things - use whatever one you like the best, end of discussion, there is no ''best'', try them all out they all have trial versions. ableton, logic, reason, cubase, reaper and more! google them!

samples - get millions and millions of them free on the net, try google! there are sites dedicated to free samples, if you want a certain genre professional mastered to a high standard, then go to loopmasters.com and buy some packs, as one example of a good sample selling site.

synths are usually built in, if you're beginning, you honestly dont need vsts (third party synths and fxs) but you can find hundreds of free ones, and also purchase them by googling! popular paid synths include - Massive, FM8, Absynth, Albino, Zeta - the list goes on, most of these have trials available.

to sum up - Google.

THIS^

Welcome to the forum and good luck

Back
Top Bottom