Total newbie here

hotback66

what up
i am fairly new to dnb (discovered dj flight's show on the bbc by accident about a year ago). anyway, i really love the music and i have tons of songs going thru my head.

so, i want to try to get these songs out of my head and into my speakers.

i guess what i am asking is, what is a good software/hardware combo, etc. to start learning?? i have a mac, so keep that in mind.

i'm not trying to be the next big producer, i just want to have some fun. as a beginner, i don't have too much cash, so keep that in mind. i just want to get a simple set up to learn and grow.

sorry if i sound completely ignorant, but i pretty much am. i appreciate any help/advice you guys can give me.

peace

That's completely overboard for someone who just wants to have some fun. I'd reccomend picking up a second hand copy of Reason 1 and some decent headphones...

thanks for the replies. i was able to find a copy of reason 2, but i havent had a chance to mess with it yet. is it necessary to have a keyboard, drum machine, etc. with reason, or can the software do enough to go without it until i am comfortable with the software? thanks again

I would buy a book on drumming or take drum lessons or something, that will make you good quite quick. Worry about the rythm first, and mixing the thing properly second
icon13.gif

Back
Top Bottom