Total newbie here

Discussion in 'Production' started by hotback66, Apr 14, 2005.

1. hotback66

hotback66 New Member

what up
    i am fairly new to dnb (discovered dj flight's show on the bbc by accident about a year ago). anyway, i really love the music and i have tons of songs going thru my head.

so, i want to try to get these songs out of my head and into my speakers.

i guess what i am asking is, what is a good software/hardware combo, etc. to start learning?? i have a mac, so keep that in mind.

i'm not trying to be the next big producer, i just want to have some fun. as a beginner, i don't have too much cash, so keep that in mind. i just want to get a simple set up to learn and grow.

sorry if i sound completely ignorant, but i pretty much am. i appreciate any help/advice you guys can give me.

peace

2. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Reason + Cubase + a good midi controller + good monitor speakers + samples + mic.

3. Affliction

Affliction thought size didnt matter

That's completely overboard for someone who just wants to have some fun. I'd reccomend picking up a second hand copy of Reason 1 and some decent headphones...

4. hotback66

hotback66 New Member

thanks for the replies. i was able to find a copy of reason 2, but i havent had a chance to mess with it yet. is it necessary to have a keyboard, drum machine, etc. with reason, or can the software do enough to go without it until i am comfortable with the software? thanks again

5. Affliction

Affliction thought size didnt matter

Nope, Reason can be completely stand-alone :rik:

6. dreamchaser

dreamchaser New Member

I would buy a book on drumming or take drum lessons or something, that will make you good quite quick. Worry about the rythm first, and mixing the thing properly second[​IMG]